Handyman, 30, Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 16-Year-Old
SAN JACINTO (CBS) — Deputies arrested a handyman accused of the sexual assault of a 16-year-old girl at a San Jacinto residence where he had previously made repairs, a sheriff’s department spokesman said Saturday.
Juan Pablo Gonzalez, 30, of San Jacinto, was arrested at his home in the 300 block of South State Street on Friday, but not before he fought with deputies, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Wally Clear.
Gonzalez was taken into custody after a Tazer deployment and treated at a local hospital for minor injuries.
He was later booked into the Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility in Banning on suspicion of assault with intention to rape, willful endangerment of a child, terrorist threats, burglary and violation of probation, jail records showed.
He was being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
The alleged assault occurred at 3:55 a.m. April 28 when deputies responded to a residence in the 1800 block of Estero Court in San Jacinto. The man, known to the girl only by his first name Juan, fled the home when the victim resisted, Clear said.
“Evidence collected at the scene led investigators to Gonzalez,” Clear said.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)