7 Main Breaks Flood LA Streets, Interrupt Service To Dozens Of DWP Customers

FAIRFAX (CBS) — Several water main breaks caused street flooding and interrupted service Tuesday, according to the Department of Water and Power.

Water main ruptures were reported in the following locations:

– the 1100 block of McCadden Place at Santa Monica Boulevard and the 600 block of Waring and Cole

– the 6000 block of Waring Avenue at Cole Avenue

– 919 N. Croft Ave.

– Van Ness and La Mirada avenues

– Fairfax and Third

– the 300 block of North Vista Street

– La Mirada and Bronson avenues

Drivers were waterlogged when the mains broke early in the morning, flooding streets and buckling the pavement.

Several residents experienced low water pressure as a result of the ruptures, according to the DWP.

The DWP says it happened when they took the lower Franklin Reservoir offline for repairs and diverted water from an alternate source in North Hollywood. The pipes, many of them 50 years or older, couldn’t stand up to the pressure change.

Crews will be working through the night to plug the most recent leak and restore service to the last 20 homes affected.

Comments

1. Shayla says:

Why so many breaks at one time? Was there an earthquake or construction nearby?

2. icecream says:

And THIS is “Breaking News” ?

3. Wally's girl! says:

This story sucks!

1. MIKE says:

I can’t even get a job.That’s because that aS$hole lawyer Robert Hale from Hale and Nguyen in Brea couldn’t help me with my case. I’m a chickensh!t aS$puck that has a beef with law enforcement and everybody on the internet. I used multiple screen names like [GROW..APAIR], [wg//af], [up//yours], [Mike in San Diego], [Mike in Upland], [1stman] and [kma] so no one can track me down. I challenge people to meet me in front of the Fullerton P.D. station for my protection. I’m such a puS$y dumbf**k with nothing to say I post to myself copying sentences from everyone, especially GROWAPAIR, who knows I’m a ball sniffing loser.
      I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips.

2. MIKE says:

I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips.
      Pay attention to me when I hijack screen names to show I’m a whiny puS$y dumbf**k loser. It makes my ass pucker with joy when people think I’m GROWAPAIR and my daddy’s balls like it when my ass puckers. Tell me how I can sound any more f**king stupid..

3. MIKE says:

I’ll use your screen name next, puS$y d!cklips.

4. GROWAPAIR says:

It makes my ass pucker with joy when people think I’m 1stman and my daddy’s balls like it when my ass puckers.

5. Brandon says:

No maintenance means everything breaks. Just think of it as everyones’ tax dollars being wasted, since maintenance is now a luxury for the city.