ICE Arrests 206 LA-Area Illegal Immigrants In Nationwide Sweep

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — More than 200 illegal immigrants in the Los Angeles area were arrested in a national immigration sweep, the U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement said Monday.

ICE had more than 1,900 officers bring in a total of 3,100 people described as convicted criminal aliens, immigration fugitives and immigration violators as part of a six-day national “Cross Check” enforcement operation.

KNX 1070’s Brian Ping reports in the Los Angeles area alone, 206 people were taken into custody, including 106 previously convicted criminals.

There were a total of 124 arrests in Los Angeles County, 34 in Orange County, 15 in Riverside County, 14 in San Bernardino County, 10 in Ventura County and nine in Santa Barbara County. ICE says more than 70 of those arrested locally have already been deported from the United States.

“The results of this targeted enforcement operation underscore ICE’s ongoing commitment and focus on the arrest and removal of convicted criminal aliens and those that game our nation’s immigration system,” ICE Director John Morton said in a statement.

According to ICE, 53 of those rounded up in this immigration sweep were previously deported persons who had illegally re-entered the country.

Nationwide, at least 204 of those arrested are being held on a variety of charges including illegal re-entry after deportation, a felony with a sentence of up to 20 years in prison.

Those arrested in the Los Angeles area include Veasna Uy, 34, a Cambodia national immigration fugitive living in Long Beach, who was convicted in April 2000 of manslaughter, attempted murder and assault of a deadly weapon. ICE agents also arrested a twice deported Mexican National living in Bell with two prior convictions of narcotics for sale and a Salvadoran national living in North Hollywood who was convicted of arson in 1994.

Comments

1. just another American says:

I know, lets pay another politicians buddy few billionfor a 3rd virtual fence that doesn’t work.. Round up the politicians and illegals, kick them out of the country, shut down the borders and build a damn wall.

1. sparky says:

Fences don’t work, what makes you think that walls will?

2. pedro jesus says:

This is all a drop in the bucket. ICE isn’t doing it’s job well enough.

We need the nat guard on the southern border of the u.s. and they should shoot anyone trying to cross illegally. That would solve the problem
      Then dedicate a few billion to deport all of the current illegals in this state. It would cost far less(500 mil to 1 bil) than they cost this republic annually anyway, which is about 12 billion!

1. pedro jesus says:

fences do work, though this republic would need nation guard people or u.s. military to guard it.

2. Bob Henning says:

Well it`sa start. Only1 9,000,000 998 to go. Immogration would have never become an UN SOLVABLE PROBLEM if If the Senators and Congress had to live amongst the Trash like most are forced to do. But they Dont, they live in their EXCLUSIVE NEIGHBORHOODS, or Estates, or Gated Communities where the only Mexicans they see are their to Mow their Beautifull Rolling Expansive Lawns, or as Nannys to care for their Children when they arrive saely home from their EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

1. Toby says:

19 Billion Illegal persons in a country that has only 300 million people – Wow, how did the census miss that many?

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Hey Toby, been said before, over eighteen you can make your own decisions, but pu$$Y dumbf**ks like you still living off their mama’s t!t don’t understand that. Having your mama lock you up in your bedroom is no problem since the t!t is still there and the brain cell you’re burning does no good. Now all she needs to do is take away the internet. And, if any of you dumbf**ks could read the money is not for the family. Involuntary confinement is the responsibility of the State, dumbsh!ts.

2. kahjazz says:

4/2/12

Attn: Bob Henning….I could not have better stated these FACTS myself. Well done, bravo!

kahjazz

3. Rob Dell says:

Sheeeeit. You can round that many up at Home Depot parking in Santa Ana, any day of the week.

4. Rob Dell says:

I bet they are being bussed to the neaarest Obama campaign office to start filling out Absentee ballots.

1. sparky says:

It’s idiots like you that are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

1. John says:

Yeah, like Obama and his supporters.

5. Doug says:

Lets deport all our politicians to Israel.

1. sparky says:

What makes you think that Israel would take them?

2. kahjazz says:

4/2/12

I whole heartedly AGREE with Doug’s comment of deport the JEW polititions to Israel. For such a small minority of Washington Power Brokers, somehow everything is lately, always to support Israel? Gee….Hitler, and the Russians warned the world years ago, ‘look out’. The problem is the JEWS!

6. kashmirkst says:

naw better yet let’s put em in the Army and ship em to Iraq.. oops friendly fire!!

7. redc1c4 says:

what did they do, stop one Red or Blue line train?

this is kabuki theater law enforcement, designed to make it look like the SCOAMF actually cares about illegal immigration.

what we really need to do is crack down on the source of the problem, which are all the homeowners and businesses that hire the illegals, and fine the bejeezus out of them, as well as ruthlessly rounding up and sending home every illegal we can find, regardless of where they came from or why.

there are plenty of honest people waiting for visas to come here legally, so lets get rid of the criminals so there’s room for the honest immigrants who want to be Americans.

8. Frank Fraydig says:

Too bad the Native Americans did not have ICE at their disposal to deport all the white trash!

1. So says:

Yep, just imagine…Canada would have to deal with a gigantic 3rd world country cesspool twice as large as the filth-hole that we have to deal with.

2. FidelityBraveryIntegrity says:

LMFAO!!!!!Thats funny and true as hell!!

9. So says:

Wasn’t it just April fools day?…..AHAHAHAHA! I get it !!! SOOO FUNNY!!!! 206, Nice one guys!

10. gmoney says:

WHy deport them they will be back next week.. Why dont we actually have some punishment for living here illegally like pakastan?? I say throw them on a chain gang make them work some hard labor for a couple months then deport them atleast they think twice before comming back

11. NICBLUELA says:

************** GOOD JOB ICE !!!! LET’S KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! I’M SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE NOT RESPECTING OUR LAWS.

12. pollo loco says:

I’m lokin for my seester i no can fine hers pleese helps mes her mames marias

13. Maria says:

This is just like street prostitution. When I use to work on Figueroa St in LA they would arrest me and in a few days when I got out of jail I was back on the streets because I was making an average of $800.00 tax-free cash PER DAY. It costs taxpayers $5000.00 to arrest just one prostitute or john. There will always be random stings but all know that illegals, prostitution and johns will NEVER go away. *By the way…I’m illegal myself =)

1. Jermain says:

LOL VERY TRUE MARIA. THE MONEY THOSE GIRLS MAKE ON FIGUEROA IS MORE ADDICTING THAN COCAINE. I LOVE FIGUEROA IN LA – THOSE GIRLS ARE OUT THERE 24/7. MEN CAN SATISFY THEIR SEXUAL URGES FOR AROUND $40 – CANT BEAT THAT. MEN: JUST DON’T PICK UP ANY BLACK WOMEN, NOT EVEN HALF BLACK – BAD ATTITUDES AND NOTHING BUT TROUBLE – TRUST ME – GO FOR THE HISPANIC OR WHITE GIRLS

14. steve says:

I come for visit, get treated regal,
    So I stay, who care I illegal?
    I cross border, poor and broke,
    Take bus, see employment folk.
    Nice man treat me good in there,
    Say I need to see welfare.
    Welfare say, “You come no more,
    We send cash right to your door.”
    Welfare checks, they make you
    wealthy,

Medicaid it keep you healthy!
    By and by, I got plenty money,
    Thanks to you, American dummy.
    Write to friends in motherland,
    Tell them come as fast as you can.
    They come in rags and Chebby
    trucks,

I buy big house with welfare bucks.
    They come here, we live together,
    More welfare checks, it gets better!
    Fourteen families they moving in,
    But neighbor’s patience wearing thin.
    Finally, white guy moves away,
    Now I buy his house, and then I say,
    “Find more aliens for house to rent.”

And in the yard I put a tent.
    Send for family (they just trash),
    But they, too, draw the welfare cash!
    Everything is mucho good,
    And soon we own the neighborhood.
    We have hobby–it’s called breeding,
    Welfare pay for baby feeding.
    Kids need dentist? Wife need pills?
    We get free! We got no bills!

American crazy! He pay all year,
    To keep welfare running here.
    We think America darn good place!
    Too darn good for the white man
    race.

If they no like us, they can go,
    Got lots of room in Mexico

15. Trish says:

We need to do this everyday!!!!!

16. JustAnotherAmerican says:

Very good Steve, you hit it on the head. I wonder if we White People are ever going to get together and kick the sh** out of our government to get our country back?

17. JustAnotherAmerican says:

I would like to clarify my “white people” comment above. It is refering to:
    I buy big house with welfare bucks.
    They come here, we live together,
    More welfare checks, it gets better!
    Fourteen families they moving in,
    But neighbor’s patience wearing thin.
    Finally, white guy moves away,
    Now I buy his house, and then I say,
    “Find more aliens for house to rent.”

18. tv freeload says:

I do trust all the concepts you have presented for your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very brief for newbies. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.