Roosevelt High Spanish Teacher Faces 6 Felony Counts Of Sex With Teenage Students

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A 42-year-old Roosevelt High School Spanish teacher has been charged with six felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse.

Gabriela Cortez allegedly engaged in sexual relationships with two students, according to Deputy District Attorney Hyunah Suh. At her arraignment Thursday afternoon, Cortez pleaded not guilty.

Cortez allegedly had relationships with the students between January 2009 and November 2010, primarily in her home when the male victims, who are now adults, were 16 and 17.

The investigation began on Feb. 15, when authorities were contacted by one of the men, who told a Montebello police lieutenant he wanted to get his relationship with the teacher off his chest. That allegation triggered an investigation that led to the second victim.

Cortez was placed on leave following her arrest. She is free on bail.

RELATED STORY: Female LAUSD Teacher Arrested On Suspicion Of Having Sex With 2 Students

Comments

1. Frank says:

Roosevelt is located in East Los Angeles. Everybody there speaks Spanish. So Why do you need a Spanish teacher? LAUSD waste.

1. Think before You Speak or Write! says:

That’s like saying everybody in the state of Maine speaks English, why do they have English class in their schools Frank? Stereotype Turd!

2. Danny says:

Frank had more than 12 years of English
      and still does not get it

2. BIG JOHN says:

16 & 17 victims , really ? or maybe just looking for a Big Payday.. she is in trouble not for what she did but for messing with some weak people. i got together with my first wife at 16 we had our own place & both worked. if this is what you are churning out now days, you can keep them !

3. Sarah says:

Oh come now. I’m sure these guys were already sexually active before this woman. It’s not like they were 12!

4. ILLEGALS says:

Lucky kids, they got an experience woman..

5. MuteBoy says:

When I was 16 or 17 I only dreamed about having teacher like that, I think someone needs to slap these kids to wake up may be they are still dreamin.

6. teacherwanted says:

I’m pleading to this lovely teacher,to teach me your style spanish and I’m available and I’ll promise it will be just between us and I’ll keep my mouth shut,won’t say anything to anybody. Just come to PAPA!!!!! Mucho Amor!!!!!