Giovanni Ramirez Relieved To Be Out, Wishes Bryan Stow The Best

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The man once named the prime suspect in the near-fatal beating of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow outside Dodger Stadium spoke publicly Thursday for the first time since his release.

Giovanni Ramirez, 31, was released Saturday from a San Diego prison after serving 10 months for violating his parole.

“It’s a big relief, to finally be out and back with my family,” Ramirez said.

Ramirez, dressed in a crisp white shirt, spoke to reporters surrounded by his defense team and his daughter.

A parolee, Ramirez was arrested May 22 in connection with the attack on Stow, a paramedic and father from Santa Clara. Stow was beaten into a coma in a Dodger Stadium parking lot on opening day last summer and was hospitalized for months. He continues to recover in Northern California.

For weeks, as Ramirez’s family and attorney insisted police had targeted the wrong man, the LAPD continued to say Ramirez was their main suspect, although he was never charged with the beating. Ramirez was taken into custody at the time because he was found to be in violation of his parole because of a firearm found in the home where he was staying.

It was revealed Thursday that while Ramirez passed a lie detector test given to him by his defense team, he failed a polygraph with the LAPD.

In late July two other men, Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, were arrested and charged in connection with the Stow beating. Ramirez was exonerated, but still had to serve out a 10-month sentence from his parole violation.

Ramirez confirmed that he has never been to Dodger Stadium and was not a baseball or sports fan.

“There was a point where I thought, this kind of stuff only happens in movies, you know what I mean? I just felt like, giant conspiracy,” Ramirez said. “I was doing everything that was supposed to be done to stay out of trouble, then bam, I get hit with this.”

Ramirez said he wished the best for Stow.

“My heart goes out to his family, everything that happened. I mean, even if they might have thought it was me at one point, I hold nothing against them,” he said. “My heart goes out to them and I wish them the best.”

Comments

1. USC Trojan Girl says:

Sorry but personal appearance means a lot and if there were a crime in or around my area and I saw this type of thug looking low life I would say he did. I give this guy a few months and he will be re-arrested for another crime.

1. Mike says:

LOL…FUNNY BUT OH SO TRUE. EVEN THOUGH HE WAS INNOCENT HE HAS GUILTY WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM. THE ONLY WAY FOR HIM TO AVOID BEING A SUSPECT AGAIN…

STEP #1 GO TO A LASER TATTOO REMOVAL PLACE AND REMOVE ALL THOSE VISIBLE TATTOOS

STEP #2 GROW SOME HAIR OR BUY A TOUPEE IF YOU CAN’T GROW HAIR ON YOUR HEAD

STEP #3 STOP HANGING AROUND WITH OTHER CRIMINALS

STEP #4 MOVE OUT OF THE GHETTO OR BETTER YET MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE AND START A NEW LAW BIDDING LIFE

1. railbird says:

Mike, you and Trojan Girl sound like perfect candidates to join the LAPD or perhaps become TSA agents at LAX. You two are the reasons why the city pays out millions in wrongful arrest and harassment lawsuits every year, by assuming someone is guilty based on the way they look and because they fit a certain profile. You obviously learned nothing at USC, Trojan Girl.

2. April says:

Mike it’s people like you who keep prejudice alive in this world. Looks can be deceiving. I’m almost sure that you do not look like a racist bigot, but you sure like to cast judgement on others who don’t look or share the same views as you. Grow up!

2. April says:

USC GIRL sounds like you would have shot TRAYVON MARTIN ALSO because he was black, wearing a hoodie, holding skittles and a can of Arizona tea\… for a college student or graduate you really sound like an idiot. Grow up, and stop being a waste of your parents money.

3. Whiskey Tango says:

Typical wetb@ck, he will be back in the clink within six months. Shaved head gang banger putty cat.

2. anon anonymous says:

USC Trojan Girl is daddy’s little girl, forced to go to a university and will graduate unemployed looking for work in Retail

3. einahpets says:

i love u geegee!!! so happy youre out! i miss u like crazy!! you are and always will be my BFF!!! damn u look awesome!!!

4. I know says:

Im a white man that has never been attacked or confronted by individuals that look and act like the ones described in this article. I haven’t has run-ins with this type because I avoid them. I’d rather be a racist bigot all the time and avoid these losers than be wrong one time by not judging this element correctly and being attacked. People bigotry does pay off in the long run.