Race For The Cure On March 24!

STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Jerri Johnson and Annette Reid visited the KCAL9 studios Friday to talk about the upcoming Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

Both Johnson and Reid are survivors of the disease.

Here in Los Angeles, 100 people are diagnosed with breast cancer EVERY WEEK.

• Race for the Cure is a 5k fundraising race/walk for the whole family, the proceeds of which support breast cancer services for women in need throughout the Los Angeles community.
• Race for the Cure® is the Komen Los Angeles County affiliate’s largest source of income and has raised nearly $9 million to date for breast cancer education and awareness, breast screening and diagnostic services for under and uninsured women through its community partners and hospitals.
• 75% of race funds raised stay in Los Angeles County and the remaining 25 percent of funding goes to cutting-edge breast cancer research in LA County and around the world.

This year’s race will take place on Saturday, March 24 at Dodger Stadium. Registration starts at 6:30 a.m. The event runs until noon.

To register for the 2012 Race for the Cure, visit www.komelacounty.org.

CBS2 is a sponsor of Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.


One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio

Listen Live