LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Officers investigated reports that Lindsay Lohan brushed her Porsche against a man’s leg early Wednesday as she drove away from a Hollywood nightclub while trying to avoid paparazzi. Authorities said they could find no evidence that a crime was committed.
Officers went to the 6500 block of Hollywood Boulevard in response to the man’s call shortly after midnight, said Sgt. Raul Jovel of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood Station.
“They found no evidence of vehicles being hit, no evidence of people being injured, so there was no report taken since there was no evidence of any crime,” he said.
Lohan, driving her new black Porsche, was surrounded by paparazzi after leaving the Sayers Club on Wilcox Avenue when she struck the man outside a nearby Hookah Lounge, according to TMZ.
The actress drove off and a police report wasn’t taken because the Hookah Lounge employee wasn’t hurt, Los Angeles police Sgt. Mark Ro said.
The 25-year-old “Mean Girls” star was trying to make a U-turn outside the Wilcox Avenue club at about 12:30 a.m.
“Space was tight,” the sergeant said, adding that Lohan may have nudged the lounge employee’s parked car, believed to be a Corvette.
“He came out and said, ‘Don’t hit my car,'” Ro said. “She was making a multipoint U-turn and photographers were in her way.”
“Scrape? This is all a complete lie. I’ve been at community service. Last night, I attempted to wish a friend happy birthday, which I didn’t even get to do because I was freaked out by all of the paparazzi. These false accusations are absurd,” Lohan tweeted Wednesday.
Lohan has a history of bad luck with cars.
A woman claimed in a January lawsuit that she was struck by Lohan’s Maserati while walking across a West Hollywood intersection in September 2010.
Nubia Del Carmen Preza’s lawsuit said she has suffered “disabling and serious personal injuries, pain, suffering and anguish.”
Photographer Grigor Balyan also sued Lohan in January, claiming he was struck by a vehicle in which Lohan was riding in January 2010.
During a court hearing last month, a judge praised Lohan on her progress in a long-running drunken driving case.
The former Disney star has been under strict probation guidelines imposed by Sautner last year, including therapy sessions and weekly stints working at the morgue.
Lohan still had to complete 14 days of work at the morgue and attend five therapy sessions before the judge ends her probation on the 2007 drunken driving case.
The actress said in an interview aired on NBC that the temptation of night life is something she avoids.
“That’s not my thing anymore,” she said. “I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable, not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn’t fun for me. I’ve become more of a homebody. And I like that.”
She said she was now “clean and sober.”
Lohan is on probation in connection with a DUI and a necklace theft. On Feb. 22, she received a glowing report from a judge for how well she was meeting the terms of her probation following some initial snags.
She is due back in court March 29 for what could be her final court appearance if she stays out of trouble.
Lohan would remain on informal probation for a case filed after she took a necklace without permission in January 2011, but she would no longer have to report to a probation officer or appear in court for frequent updates.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)