Fake Sheriff’s ‘Deputy’ Pulling Over Motorists In South LA

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Drivers in South Los Angeles were warned on Wednesday about a man on a motorcycle allegedly impersonating a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputy.

KNX 1070’s Pete Demetriou reports authorities said they are some tell-tale signs for drivers to determine the authenticity of any law enforcement official.

A man between the ages of 35 and 40 years old was wearing a tan uniform shirt and green slacks similar to those worn by sheriff’s deputies when he pulled over a driver on Inglewood Avenue in Lawndale on Tuesday night by flashing blue and red lights attached to his cycle.

But when the motorist asked the would-be deputy what division he served in, the man got back on his cycle and fled the scene.

Sgt. Mark Reyes with the South L.A. Sheriff’s station had some advice for drivers who may doubts about whether any deputy is the real deal.

“If somebody asks for identification, they should identify themselves, and furthermore if they ask to speak to a sergeant, they should be able to request a sergeant to the scene.”

Reyes added that if those benchmarks are not met, drivers should roll up their window and immediately call 911.

Police in nearby Hawthorne and Torrance have also been put on alert regarding the imposter.

More from Pete Demetriou
Comments

1. John Taylor says:

I hope they catch this idiot!

2. Wolfman says:

may be a wantabee cop

3. mike says:

I can’t even get a job.That’s because that aS$hole lawyer Robert Hale from Hale and Nguyen in Brea couldn’t help me with my case. Now I’m a bitter aS$puck that has a beef with law enforcement and everybody on the internet. I used multiple screen names like [GROW..APAIR], [wg//af], [up//yours], [Mike in San Diego], [Mike in Upland], [1stman] and [kma] so no one can track me down. I challenge people to meet me in front of the Fullerton P.D. station for my protection. I’m such a puS$y dumbf**k with nothing to say I post to myself.

1. FidelityBraveryIntegrity says:

Relax there Mr Mikey

4. FidelityBraveryIntegrity says:

Let me see your license and registration deputy knucklehead!!!

5. Shayla says:

Police don’t even need your username to track you Mike, you have left digital fingerprints all over the place.

6. KOBE says:

Well mabey this guy is going after illegals. Since Chief Beck will not punish illegals with no driver licenses there needs to be someone who will fight for citizens rights.

7. Richard Jellicoe says:

What does Chief Beck have to do with a fake sheriff’s deputy on a motorcycle