Update: Lakers Trade/Free Agent Rumors
February 21, 2012 11:12 AM
Trade and free agency rumors as of March 9, 2012:
- Josh Smith wants out of Hawks. Could Mitch Kupchak call Atlanta for a blockbuster trade?
- Utah Jazz willing to trade Devin Harris to Lakers for first-round pick or young assets.
- Report from Puerta Rican paper, hometown of JJ Barea, says there will be a three-team trade: Lakers will receive Dwight Howard (From Orlando) , JJ Barera and Michael Beasley(From Minnesota); Orlando will get Andrew Bynum and Derrick Williams(from Minnesota); And Pau Gasol to Minnesota
- Former Boston Celtic Rasheed Wallace intends to come out of retirement and sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to a report from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com
- The Lakers have spoken to Minnesota about Michael Beasley, and sources say the Lakers are intrigued by the Timberwolves’ small forward. The Lakers were actually in discussions with Minnesota about a potential trade for Beasley before the season started. — ESPN.COM
- Lakers are expected to increase their pursuit of Cavaliers PG Ramon Sessions.
- Derrick Rose is lobbying for the Bulls to acquire Pau Gasol. Spanish media outlet Marca.com is reporting that Carlos Boozer would be included in a deal with the Lakers.
- Allen Iverson made contact with the Lakers, but after the team suggested he play for the D-Fenders in the NBADL, he passed. ESPN
- Gilbert Arenas held a private workout in Bel-Air in front of Mitch Kupchak and Jerry West. He returned to his home in Orlando with no contract.
- Fox Sports reports Minnesota is looking to deal for Pau Gasol, so they can team him up with fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio. The Wolves are willing to trade LA native Derrick Williams and draft picks.
- Yahoo! Pau Gasol to the Rockets for Luis Scola and SG Kevin Martin.
- NY Daily News: JR Smith close to deal with Knicks over Lakers, Clippers .
- Stephen Jackson is frustrated with the Bucks, and could possibly demand a trade. LA could offer Luke Walton (salary dump) who makes $5.68M and Matt Barnes.
- Lakers hoping to lure 2-time MVP Steve Nash from the Phoenix Suns.