Filed underKristine Lazar: Reporting From The Playground
I have been writing my blog for a few weeks now, so I thought it was time to introduce you to my son, Griffin. I could go on and on about how sweet and wonderful he is, but now that he is a toddler, I can also make a long list of the things he does that drive me nuts. Literally. There are days when I think living with an 18 month old can lead you to a long time out in a padded room.
So, without further ado, here is my list of the good and bad of Griffin Patrick.
1. He is an amazing sleeper. At 2 weeks old, he slept 7 hours straight and it only got better from there.
2. He loves to dance. If there is music, his little hips are swaying and his knees are bouncing.
3. He will smile, wave and blow kisses at almost anyone. The kid loves an audience.
4. He rarely cries.
5. His laugh is contagious.
6. He loves his mama, and will cling to me all day if I let him.
7. He can curl his tongue and has a double jointed thumb.
8. He can keep a beat on a child-size drum.
9. He likes vegetables.
10. He is not intimidated by bigger kids and loves to play with others.
1. He throws his food at me, the wall and the cats.
2. He always poops right after I change his diaper.
3. He refuses to go to bed quietly.
4. He pulls our cats’ tails.
5. He laughs when we try to scold him.
6. He likes to jump off furniture.
7. He will put anything in his mouth, including shoes, spiders, rocks, and my personal favorite, the wheel of his stroller.
8. He wipes his hands and mouth on my clothes, and seems to do this every time I wear white or silk.
9. He prefers his father’s hard rock to my easy listening.
10. His first word was “dada”. ”Mama” came after “cat”, “water” and “pee pee”.
So, as you can see, I have an awesome kid. He is wacky, outgoing, assertive, kind, head strong, loving and Messy (with a capital M), and I wouldn’t change a thing about him.
What is the favorite thing your kid does, and what habits could you live without?