Reward Grows To $4K To Help Find Driver That Killed 3-Year-Old Anaheim Girl
ANAHEIM (CBS) — A reward for information leading to the conviction of the hit-and-run driver who killed a 3-year-old girl and injured her mother last week was boosted to $4,000, officials announced Wednesday.
Orange County Supervisor Shawn Nelson, state Sen. Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana), and Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait have contributed $1,000 apiece to the reward.
The California Highway Patrol and Orange County Crime Stoppers organization had earlier offered a $1,000 reward, bringing the total to $4,000.
“This is a tragedy that has shaken all of us,” Nelson said. “In the middle of suffering, we have a community that has to deal with the reality a wanted felon is running the streets freely.”
Correa echoed those sentiments.
“As a father of three myself, I cannot imagine suffering the loss of a child. I pray that someone will make the call to Crime Stoppers with information to deliver justice for Miranda and her family.”
Lady Audree Rebecca Hernandez, 26, was pushing her toddler, Miranda Palacios, in a stroller across Gilbert Street when they were struck about 6 p.m. last Wednesday by a 1995 beige Nissan Maxima at Guinida Lane in unincorporated Anaheim.
Miranda Palacios was pronounced dead at 7:10 p.m. last Wednesday at UCI Medical Center in Orange. Her mother remains hospitalized in serious condition, CHP Officer Ray Payton said.
Anyone with more information about the death was asked to call the CHP’s Westminster office at (714) 892-4426 or (949) 559-7888. Tips may be left anonymously with Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.