LOS ANGELES (CBS) — President Obama is expected to arrive in the Southland Wednesday for a two-day fundraising trip.
Obama will first visit the VA West Los Angeles Medical Center before heading to the home of Colleen and Bradley Bell in Holmby Hills, where the Foo Fighters will perform at a sold-out fundraising concert. Some attendees paid as much as $38,500 to attend a dinner and listen to Obama speak after the performance.
The president’s complete itinerary for Wednesday, Feb. 15, includes:
• 4 p.m.: Arrival at LAX
• Between 4 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.: Helicopter from LAX to VA Hospital in West Los Angeles
• Between 4:15 p.m. and 5 p.m.: Motorcade through the Westside to Beverly Hills fundraiser (Sunset & Wilshire likely affected)
• Between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.: Motorcade back to Beverly Hilton
Although Obama’s only scheduled event on Thursday, Feb. 16, is a 7 a.m. breakfast at the home of Jeff and Nancy Stack in Corona del Mar, it remains unclear whether the president will travel by motorcade or helicopter to Newport Beach.
Some of the roadways likely to experience at least some early-morning disruption include:
• 405 Freeway between West L.A. and Costa Mesa
• 73 Freeway between the 405 and Newport Coast Drive
• Pacific Coast Highway from Malibu to Dana Point
• Newport Coast Drive
• Jamboree Road
• Macarthur Boulevard
• San Joaquin Hills Road
This will be the president’s ninth visit to the Southland since he was elected.
In October, Obama attended a pair of fundraisers in the Hancock Park area. The first was held at the home of movie producer James Lassiter and his wife, Mia, with actor Will Smith and former Laker Magic Johnson among those in the crowd.