2 Arrested For Ventura County ATM Skimming Ring

THOUSAND OAKS (CBS) — Federal officials have arrested two men accused of running an ATM skimming operation in Ventura County.

Ventura County Sheriff’s detectives and US Secret Service agents took Aram Deshansian, 37, and Arman Makurchian, 31, into custody Sunday.

Officials believe the pair attached a molding with a camera inside to the entry of an ATM at a Chase Bank in Thousand Oaks that captured bank card pin numbers.

They also attached a device that captured account information embedded on ATM card magnetic strips.

Detectives say Makurchian and Deshansian stole at least 90 pin numbers over a five hour period.

Authorities believe that the ATM thefts span from Oxnard to Mission Oaks and Simi Valley.

Comments

1. Get 'em out says:

Deport them…Period……This country needs a good cleansing, and it can start by removing s**t like that.

2. Matt Anderson says:

Anybody surprised by the names attached to this crime? Gypsys…..

3. juztees says:

not safe no where

4. No More Armos says:

Typical crime for the Armenian nation. These folks are just awful. I could have guessed the background of the suspects by just reading the headline.

1. Mike D says:

I guess they need it to pay for the Mercedes Benz with used tires. They are all shady.

5. Stop Armos says:

Armos Scam our government, insurance companies, health care, etc. They’re the reason why our insurance is so high. They get welfare and section 8 for their small rental house/apartment but drive a Salvage Mercedes, BMW. Range Rover, etc .

These people are no use to our community. Instead they worsen the community with their selfish, inconsiderate ways. To top it off, our government see’s them a refugee’s and gives them hand outs for the rest of their lives.

1. Christina39 says:

I agree. I lived in Glendale

6. Michael J. McDermott says:

YAY, they busted some Armenians. Now, lets work on the rest of them and their rip-off schemes. They are not refugees. They are just ignorant greedy PAINS IN THE A S S’s! Plus they smell like they havn’t taken a bath in 3 weeks. Got a cigadette?

7. redvez says:

good point i agreee

8. VoteRonPaul says:

Stop with the raciest comments, Yes we know its frustrating for you guys to go to school for 10 years and work another 10 years and still not be able to drive nice cars and buy a decent house. I am against the fraud also because if there smart enough to commit these crimes I am sure they can put there time and effort and do something legal and more productive. Just please stop labeling our people as frauds and ignorant people. Instead of building a love relationship with the people in our world you guys are putting fuel into the fire. Micheal J McDermott just because you came across a few bad apples doesn’t mean all our people are what you say they are. Just look at your comment it is full of hate. Maybe you were raised that way, who am I to say. All of you just think twice before you comment.

9. Christina39 says:

It doesn’t justify identity theft, taking someone’s hard earned money! Get a job.

1. James says:

Of course you wouldn’t know better. The banks must put back the customers money . So why are you so concern about those filthy billionaire bankers? Those bankers run your country not your government. Your government is all payed off by them. But you wouldn’t know any better because they have you stuck in a little maze like so many other Americans. Go to school, get a job and work for the rest of your life or possibly join the military.

2. Christina39 says:

James, don’t tell me about the banks. I work tirelessly against them,, especially the Federal Reserve Bank, which is neither Federal nor a bank, but a criminal organization. It still doesn’t justify stealing. It means they are just like the bankers.

3. James says:

“There just like the bankers” That has to be the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. Well Christina I am not going to continue arguing with you about this. All I am saying is that you guys have so much more important things to worry about and yet you guys are here insulting ALL Armenians just because of a certain group of them are doing fraud. So everyone who left a negative comment about ALL Armenians then I have nothing much to say to you guys. If you guys ever get mugged which I hope it never happens to anyone but then you will know who the real thieves are. You will feel the real DANGER. God Bless…

4. Christina39 says:

TO JAMES. READ: I said the thefts were like the bankers. Trust me, I didn’t mean Armenians.

5. James says:

Yeah you said there just like the bankers. So that means you implying that they are thieves also. Let’s just drop this Christina. You can all discriminate against all you want . But the majority of our people are good hard working people i know that in my heart because I see it in the people I surround myself with.

6. AG says:

u kidding me? LM Brothers took my and billions of other innocent people’s life savings and filed for BK>>> that’s not fraud?
      it has nothing to do with race, but since u guys need a bone, how bout the “teachers” molesting kids? r they armenians too? i thought so

1. Christina39 says:

It doesn’t justify emptying someone’s bank account through ATM scamming.

2. James says:

Your such an Idiot I made it clear that the Bank has to fund the money back into the victims account.

3. Christina39 says:

No YOU’RE THE IDIOT IF YOU THINK THAT JUSTIFIES THEFT, NOT TO MENTION ALL THE TROUBLE THE PERSON HAS TO GO THROUGH WITH POLICE REPORTS AND WAITING TO BE REIMBURSED. YOU’RE A REALL IDIOT!.

4. James says:

Are you not normal? Go read what I said in my earlier comments. “I am against the fraud also because if there smart enough to commit these crimes I am sure they can put there time and effort and do something legal and more productive.”.. Of course it doesn’t justify theft , my whole deal here is that you guys are all worked up about this when there is so many other things to be worried about. It. Christina if you live in Glendale you know that this city is known to be one of the safest cities. So yeah now what ? I did not mean to offend you but you keep repeating yourself…

5. Christina39 says:

You know what I am worked up about that because it is a crime that for some is hard to detect and leads to identity theft. When I lived in Glendale, I was the victim of identify theft and had to change my bank account #, etc. So go ahead and downplay it but the work involved is worse than the money you lose and I didn’t know I was losing money for months. Even working with the police, they never found out who the person was. This was more work than a full time job and I never want to go through it again. Yeh, it is a big deal, Get a job.

6. Christina39 says:

You are also that type of ignorant person who thinks insurance fraud is OK because the insurance company is paying. NO, your premiums are paying and they GO UP.

7. James says:

Your ridiculous Christina it makes me wonder if your 39 or 16… Quit trying to tell me what I think is okay and what’s not. You don’t know one thing about me. I am 23 years old and with the help of my parents I am running my own Trucking Company LEGIT…? Exactly, I will make more then you will combined with the rest of your family and friends ever will. Because I am smart enough to know where the money is. It wasn’t easy to start this business but with working two jobs and my mother working 10 hours a day we made it happen.🙂 I am all smiles, instead of wasting your time complaining about us Armenians maybe you should think how you can make your life better also. Because I assure you that if you were happy you wouldn’t be constantly offending us.

8. John Green says:

Look, James, The ridiculous one here is you. I’m tired of your misspelling and horrible grammar. You’re not as smart as you think you are. You’re a typical moron that lives in the basement of his parents home.

YOU sound like you’re 16. Nobody is trying to tell you what you think is and isn’t ok. Everyone is simply stating what they feel and see. The facts are that everyone is tired of you and your people dirty smelly people. We’re tired of you scamming us and our government and tired of YOU making excuses for it. You people obviously don’t care about this country and want to turn it into the 3rd world cesspool that you came from.

Your and you’re are completely different words. Legit is not an actual word, it is short for legitimate. It’s stupid people like you that cannot pronounce or spell it that shortened it to “Legit”.

9. Jamesss says:

John Green you go after my grammar and my words only because you are trying to put me down. But remember even with your perfect grammar and spelling you will never ever achieve what I have achieved at the age of 23. This is why you are so angry and frustrated because we are doing so well. and your people are skinning cats and mice and eating them just to survive in America…. Go read the article its on theeconomiccollapseblog ….😀 It’s okay John Green when you change your attitude towards people then god will show you the way to happiness…

10. VoteRonPaul says:

If you guy’s haven’t noticed your negativity towards people always comes around and bites you in the ass. It is all Karma baby. So next time when something bad happens to you take a second and think back what would be the cause of that. There is always an opposite reaction to everything. So with all this negativity you guys are attracting all this negative energy and bad luck. Did they snot get what they deserved? You guys are suggesting to have these people deported for what they did but you have so much more problems to worry about. It is a shame to see how ignorant people can be., to have such hatred towards a specific group of people who are successful then they will ever be. Not only because of fraud, those who commit fraud always end up in cuffs. But all those other successful businesses that the Armenians are running. From Pluming, Body Shops, Flower Shops, Food Markets , Car dealerships, Bakery’s and the list goes on and on…

1. Christina39 says:

I am going to vote for Ron Paul, but don’t say the government did not give Armenians homes, etc in Glendale. I was there. Hope Ron Paul will help us Americans especially those like me who spent time in the military.

11. AG says:

“our” government is the shady of all shady ppl. watch link tv, read a book, educate urself don’t be so ignorant.

12. Thomas says:

All Armo’s need to be deported. They have infested our streets and parks in Glendale and the Valley. Aside from all that has already been said, you can’t take your kids to the park because they pack the tables and to play cards, dominos, and smoke. This is immoral and nasty.

1. James says:

Wouldn’t you rather have people minding there own business at the park then stealing, killing, molesting , raping , kidnapping etc….. I don’t have much to say to you also, I just feel sorry for your children to have a parent like you to raise them. You have so much hatred in you, your kids are going to grow up just like you. And life is going to continue this way forever. But guess what we will still be dominating Glendale, Burbank , Pasadena… Etc.. So just go about your business and leave us alone.

13. John Green says:

They’re nasty rats that think they own the streets. double park, drive like idiots, block the streets etc. I’m sick of it. I remember how beautiful our city was before it was infested.

1. James says:

Lol you it just shows how your parents raised you buddy, this is why you are where you are in your life. God help you.

14. James says:

Plus I don’t need a job, I actually need to provide someone with one. That’s the difference between me and you darling.😀 I am a boss, while you are just a rat stuck in a maze.

15. James says:

John Green you go after my grammar and my words only because you are trying to put me down. But remember even with your perfect grammar and spelling you will never ever achieve what I have achieved at the age of 23. This is why you are so angry and frustrated because we are doing so well. and your people are skinning cats and mice and eating them just to survive in America…. Go read the article its on theeconomiccollapseblog (dot) com….😀 It’s okay John Green when you change your attitude towards people then god will show you the way to happiness…

16. Jamesss says:

But now you must stop doing such things. You must quit being angry, hateful, and evil. You must no longer say insulting or cruel things about others.

Colossians 3:8

17. Jamesss says:

Colossians 3:8

18. growing magic mushrooms says:

Hi my family member! I want to say that this article is amazing, great written and include almost all vital infos. I’d like to look more posts like this .