More And More Women Finding Fertility Problems Associated With Age

LOS ANGELES (CBS) —  Technological advances have made it possible to give older women a change to conceive a child.

But more and more, women are finding themselves in the maze of infertility.

As Lisa Sigell reports in Thursday’s Health Watch, infertility is also becoming more commonplace.

Doctors want more women armed with information.  Dr. Richard Paulson, head of USC’s Fertility Program, knows the entire process can be daunting.

He says, by the time a woman reaches 40, there’s a good chance she will need help to conceive.

For more information about USC Fertility, click here.

For more information about the causes and risk factors of infertility, click here.

For more information about Baby Steps Fertility, click here.

Comments

1. Wishing The Stork Would Make A Visit says:

My husband and I are going through the infertility process now and I can honestly tell you it is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with in my life. It has been a very long year, and we are still not one of the lucky ones.

1. susan green says:

you should contact liz at Baby Steps Fertility. She can help!!

2. Julie says:

My husband and I have gone thru the proces over this past year as well. Sadly, we were unsuccessful at our attempts. But, hang in there and, do not give up hope. Unfortunately, because of our age, 44, our doctor at Loma Linda University has decided not to continue treatments. We are heartbroken but, you hang in there. Best of luck!

2. glendoralaw says:

Start your adoption process now. It takes months to get your paperwork together and sometimes years to find a match. We did it and it was a true blessing. Good luck and God bless you in your decisions.

3. Claire says:

I also suffered from infertility for years. There’s a book that gave me hope (and made me laugh and cry also) called Swimming In Circles – it can be found on Amazon: http://goo.gl/x6xYo

I’d recommend it if you wanted some anonymous commonality with another couple…

4. liz says:

Hi Julie. You should not give up hope. There are so many ways to create a family. Please feel free to contact me at any time. 310/880-9125.