Head Of LA County’s Susan G. Komen Chapter Tells CBS2 She’s Resigning

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The executive director of the Susan G. Komen For The Cure’s Los Angeles County chapter has confirmed to CBS2 that she is resigning from her post.

Deb Anthony, who will become executive director of the Toberman Neighborhood Center, says recent changes have prompted her to leave.

“I felt blessed to support the cause of breast cancer and will always be grateful to all the fabulous women I met,” she wrote in an e-mail. “There are several decisions that Komen has made in the past year that have led me to decide that my skills and talents no longer fit their model. I wish them the best. I have offered to assist the local organization for a few hours a week to support the staff and their efforts on the annual race for the cure. “

The Susan G. Komen foundation announced earlier this week that it will stop grants benefiting Planned Parenthood.

1. Chaim Eliyah says:

Dear Deb–

You’ve got the biggest ovaries of any woman I know.

2. From Your Gals says:

YAY! I am glad you spoke out and took action.

Thank you!

3. Tanks says:

Proud to be an Angeleno!

4. Marie says:

I will be donating directly to Planned Parenthood for now on.

5. TLynn says:

I still support the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I have seen with my own two eyes the great work, and support, that they have done and continue to do. I am sure that they will be making different arrangements so that low income women can still get mammograms. To no longer donate to them will have an effect on those of us with breast cancer.

1. Elzabeth Ferrari says:

Then you are supporting the defunding of the single most important health care delivery system or American women. Including 700,000 women who got breast exams last year at Planned Parenthood. Yes, it will have an effect on you, all right. It will swell your numbers.

Oh, and SGK spends more on admin than on research. Oh, and they are defunding stem cell research,too.

Obstructing science, obstructing care, that makes them a money laundering enterprise, basically.