14 Immigrants Arrested When Boat Washes Ashore In Huntington Beach

HUNTINGTON BEACH (CBS) — Several arrests were made Thursday after a boat full of immigrants washed ashore in Huntington Beach.

Coast Guard officials arrested 14 undocumented immigrants near Bolsa Chica State Beach.

It wasn’t immediately clear where the 24-foot panga boat came from, but Coast Guard crews also helped in the search for more people.

Comments

1. Sheila Shigley says:

14 “immigrants” arrested? So why would the law enforcement arrest legal immigrants for no reason? Are you saying they are actually ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? Please stop sugar coating the criminals!

1. Too Late says:

You are 100% correct….illegal seems to always be left out, I personally prefer the term, ILLEGAL ALIENS.

So what’s next? An offer for a free-ride in our UC system?

1. Astonished says:

Thank you for saying it! I can’t understand why the government can’t seem to figure what the definition of ILLEGAL is!

2. Excuse me why I laugh says:

Calm down PILGRIM! Illegal aliens? We are from mars now or are we from Hispania? haha!

And don’t be bitter b/c you or your kids were not able to make it to a UC like I did😉 A son from Mexican parents who went to UCLA and then received his master’s. boo-yah!

Like the legend Don Cornelius said…”Peace, love, and soul”😉

PS let me know if you or your kids need academic guidance…I’m a college counselor…😀

3. LOL ;-) says:

Easy there camp counselor!

Sounds like you are playing for the other team, you know what I am talking about not so funny one ( the illlegals).

It’s to bad that a camp counselor like yourself is in the position your in. I now see another reason why our UC system is in the mess it’s in.

You get an “F” for your lack of understanding the other comments posted here.

With camp counselors like yourself giving direction to our young adults just statring out seems the miss-direction is paying well now a days (not for long).

We can only hope you are next in the unemployment lines.

LOL😉

2. Carlos Gomez says:

“It wasn’t immediately clear where the boat came from”

haha They sailed here from Canada. But what do you expect from the Sanctuary City of Los Angeles? It’s obvious they are Mexican and came from The Golden Triangle or Avenida Pacifico.

Sad we can protect borders in other countries but not our own because that’s racist. Pathetic!

3. geeM says:

Papers !? We don’t need no stinkin’ papers.

4. The Truth says:

They should have all been shot dead on site. I am sure they will all be granted some type of immunity. Best case scenario? They are already shipped back to Mexico or any country south thereof. Who am I kidding……..

5. Chuey says:

These boats show up from Imperial Beach to Malibu, almost at will. Great job the Coast Guard and DHS are doing. Imagine if this were a trained strike force of terrorists. They could be in & out before we knew they were even here. This is what angers me here….

6. ILLEGALS says:

14 ILLEGALS MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO BOLSA CHICA, DAMN THAT’S PRETTY FAR AWAY FROM HOME..

THEY SHOULD’VE UNLOADED ANYWHERE PASS THE SAN ONOFRE CHECK POINT..

PRETTY GUTSY TO RIDE ALL THEY WAY TO THE OC…

7. curious says:

This is the third boat washed up at the same location within the past few months. I wonder how many more there have been who have dropped off their cargo and turned around?

8. Jerry Couder says:

Ch. 7 KABC is saying “14 illegal immigrants” in their article. I guess KABC’s writers have more education than CBSLosAngeles’