Woman’s Body Found Near Onramp To Glendale Freeway

SILVER LAKE (CBS) — Authorities discovered the body of a woman Thursday morning near a freeway on-ramp.

A woman’s body was found around 9 a.m. by Cal Trans workers near the Riverside Drive on-ramp to the southbound Glendale Freeway, the California Highway Patrol said.

The body was partially covered by debris and it appeared that she had been thrown from a vehicle, LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said.

Detectives have been sent to the scene to determine if the woman’s body is that of Bree’ Anna Guzman, 22, who was last seen on Dec. 26. in the Hollenbeck area of Los Angeles, police said.

The cause of death is unknown and no positive identification has been made, officials said.

The on-ramp has been closed for an investigation.

Comments

1. End Times says:

Sick people

2. D. Nevarez says:

Ok this is the second body of woman found along a freeway in this area but nobody sees a link? Who is asleep at the wheel in the LAPD! Grim sleeper ring a bell how many more women have to be assaulted???

3. Jen Byrne says:

D. Nevarez – who/when was the 1st?

1. D. Nevarez says:

We heard about this maybe four months ago they found her off 5fwy near General Hospital. That is not far from where this body was found. Also my wife works near that off ramp and she said that area has allot of shrubbery and homeless activity and parking of motorhomes. Maybe the police need assistance follow the dots!

1. DJ Deli Del says:

The motor homeless are gone now. There is a lot of shrubbery. The freeway entrance is located directly across the street from an elementary school and next to a Caltrans yard. This location is within LAPD Northeast and the other was located in LAPD Hollenbeck. The other girl was stuffed in some kind of container and this one was just dumped. I really don’t see the connection.

2. M. Galindo says:

Both girls lived in lincoln heights.. thats the connection.. : (

2. Mayra says:

Its not the first time young girls come up missing in that neighborhood : ( sadly there is not enough police in this area.. i live near that neighborhood and it seems to b getting worse.. I urge all girls to plz walk with someone at night.. its not safe anymore

4. * says:

seems like we have heard about alot of this kind of thing all over the local news last year ……So Sad ……

1. D,N says:

OKAY TWO DEAD YOUNG FEMALES ON THE SAME FREEWAY LESS THAN 4 MILES APART AND YOU SEE NO CONNECTION WOW TALK ABOUT OBLIVIOUS? EVEN IF NO CONNECTION IS FOUND THERE ARE STILL 2 DEAD HUMANS WITH NO ANSWERS WHAT DOES LAPD NEED TO ADD MORE PICTURES SO THEY CAN SHOW A SLIDESHOW IN TEN YEARS AND SAY WE HAVE PROBLEM HERE. THE WORLD NEEDS THE PUNISHER SOON OR STRICTER LAWS AND ENFORCEMENT OF THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK THE GALLOWS !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Lorena A Sandoval Rodriguez says:

very sad to hear this horrible news ….. my prayers and deepest condolences to the family…. scary to hear more bodies are turning on the freeway ditch ….. may she rest in peace…. god bless

6. yanira says:

really people dont have a heart this days well hopfully its not bree ..

7. Alpha Kenny Juan says:

I’m guessing that it’s the body of the young woman from Lincoln Heights who went missing a few weeks ago. She is/was a mother of two young children, and she went for a walk to the store and never returned.

8. Cindy Gonzales says:

So sorry for the familys of these women, prayers their way God dont like ugly who ever is reponsible for these horrific crimes will have to answer!

9. Cindy Gonzales says:

So sorry for the familys of these women, prayers their way. If there is any comfort, God dont like ugly who ever is reponsible for these horrific crimes will have to answer!

10. Rubie Gillon says:

My prayers go to BREE ANNA GUZMANS FAMILY.I was given a flyer one evening in L.H area .The young lady who gave me the missing person flyer told me and my husband ,”shes been gone to long”.Ever since that day ,she stood on my mind.I was working in L.H. area the last week and everyday when i was leaving work to go home.I would see the family of BREE ANNA’s walking thur L.H. and it would saden me.GOD BLESS YOU!

11. null says:

Could it be gang related? Wasn’t there a similar victim tragically placed in a box or container and dumbed off the 10 freeway near Cal State LA or General Hospital last year? Wasn’t it g_ang related?

This victim had a homegirl look to her, I’m just saying, if it quacks… could she had had some bad dealing with a gan_g? Much like that “star soccer player” kid who to me, lead another alternative thug-life and was getting involved with ga_ng ban_gers…

Also, thats not Silverlake, that be Frogtown. So from Lincoln Heights ese… to Frogtown…

I see some graffiti, I mean writing on the wall…

1. Chelles says:

“Homegirl look” Really? Wow the ignorance displayed by some of the people that reply to these tragedies never ceases to amaze me. Bree was a good girl with bright eyes and a genuine smile, she will be missed.

To Darlene: Even though you are devastated and your world has changed forever you must be strong for the girls, they need you more than ever. When you feel you cannot go on look at Bree’s girls and find the strength to be there for them.

1. null says:

She had a pierced lip, thinned out eyebrows.

Look, this is a tragedy, I hope and I’m sure the Police department will find those responsible for this inhuman crime.

Its just that that community has a serious problem with generational thug gang mentality and culture which they don’t seem to fix.

Fixing that will diminish gang related crimes which I think this may have something to do with it.

12. Dj says:

sooo sorry my condolences to the family. LAPD what are you doing about this. Was the other girl a latina? Is this a serial killer or killers. The police need to protect all people. That neighborhood needs to organize and put pressure on the police in order that this not occure to anyone white black or latina or oriental. Police step up Publlic make them step up. Not another yourng person should die . Come on folkds keep the pressure up go the news go to pd in groups. Flyers in the homeless population Someone knows something.