James Franco Clowns USC ‘Undergrads’ In New Reality Show

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Students from the University of Southern California — uncensored and outrageous!

A new web-based reality show, produced by actor James Franco, portrays the campus as a non-stop, wild and crazy party zone.

Franco just released a preview of his new show, “Undergrads,” which highlights the seemingly shallow life at the Southern California campus. The clip features a student whose “bucket list” includes holding a Twister contest on the quad and two fraternity brothers who neglect to invite girls to a party because they’re too fat.

Franco said he wanted to present an honest look at college life. Some students admit that the video is accurate while others strongly disagree.

“It’s a great example of the party side of USC,” a male student said. When asked if USC is a party school, a female tudent said, “Oh yeah. Yes it is.”

Some students fear the series portrays USC in a bad light. “There’s a lot more at USC than partying going on,” a student argued.

Franco produced the show in 2010, along with his manager Miles Levy.

“What we wanted to have happen was to try to do a show about what really happens in college and you know not Melrose Place and not 90210,” Levy said.

Whether or not students believe “Undergrads” is an accurate reflection of USC, one thing is for sure. The campus is curious.

If you want to watch the show, it premieres at 8 p.m. Thursday on JamesFrancoTV.com.

Comments

1. OJ says:

Fight on for OJ…Fight on for Rob Kardashian!

2. Reason says:

and the dumbing down of our society continues while James gets richer.

3. Dumb Dumb Dumb says:

I am all for freedom of speech and expression but I hope USC’s attorneys are looking into this and file a trademark and defamation lawsuit against Franco and all involved. The students should be identified and expelled. Lastly, the USC student code of conduct form needs to be amended to include that any reference to USC by any student without permission of use by USC that student will be expelled and if on scholarship, all monies and costs provided to that student will be returned to USC.

I love how every politician preaches more for education and this is what the kids are doing. We live in a shameful society!

As a USC Alum and American Citizen, this makes me sick!

4. Benmo says:

“…the USC student code of conduct form needs to be amended to include that any reference to USC by any student without permission of use by USC that student will be expelled and if on scholarship, all monies and costs provided to that student will be returned to USC.”

That is just ridiculous. Expel any student that has something bad to say about the school? Nikias is bad but he’s not a dictator. This isn’t the first time USC has been misrepresented by television but it is the most explicit case.

1. Paige Laurie, Walmart heiress says:

Figueroa Tech is the greatest institution ever! (besides County)

5. studentofTroy says:

As a current SC student, I couldn’t agree more! This is a shameful slap in the face to rest of the Trojan Family. I really wish the school would start regulating the embarrassment known as the Greek Row. This is NOT the USC that I know or to which I wish to be affiliated. I hope some swift and serious action is taken to address this problem.

1. Al Cowlings says:

You should direct your whining toward removing a double-murderer’s jersey from the Mausoleum.

Cheat on, whiner!

6. Jet says:

get over it people, stop your whining, nothing different going on today then was going on 25 years ago when I went to college or 45 years ago when my parents went to school, USC is filled with a bunch of big spoiled babies and whiners…the only thing different about partys today then 25 years ago is we have lil whiny babys with android and I phones to film it and post it all on the internet…

Get over it and move on, besides USC SUX…Go Berkely

1. Spencer Pratt, USC scholar says:

It’s spelled “Berkeley”, idiot.

7. studentofTroy says:

Wow you’ve really derailed my point by switching the topic to a football/criminal issue that was before my time and using name calling. This article has nothing to do with football or criminal proceedings…I’m calling out some members of my own university on issues that I think can definitely use some remediation. I’m not saying that I am upset with Franco– beyond some scripting he didn’t create the situation. I don’t even understand what point you had in replying to my post besides your clear desire to pounce at the opportunity arbitrarily attack anyone who wears cardinal and gold.