LL Cool J To Host 54th Annual Grammy Awards On CBS

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The Recording Academy announced Wednesday that LL Cool J is set to host the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on Feb. 12.

The two-time Grammy winner and “NCIS: Los Angeles” star, who has hosted “The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!” since its inception in 2008, will be the first official host of the show in seven years.

“I’m thrilled to be part of Music’s Biggest Night,” he said. “I will always have fond memories of my first Grammy Awards and to now be hosting the Grammy show, in the company of so many other
incredible artists, is a dream come true. Great performances and great music — it’s gonna be a great night!”

The show, which takes place live at the Staples Center, will air on CBS2 at 8 p.m.

LL Cool J joins previously announced performers and current nominees Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, and Taylor Swift.

Kanye West leads Grammy nominees with seven nods, while Adele, Bruno Mars, and the Foo Fighters each have six.

1. What says:

LL ‘WHO’ J ??

1. Ghostsouls says:

Little Lord Fool Joke

2. freecheese says:

Who cares ? Answer: Hollywood limosine liberals and brain-dead “fans.” “Fans” is brief for fanatics.

3. Joe E in the IE says:

Oh, boy, another mean-spirited obscenity-laced hate fest to watch with your kids!

1. GTodd says:

You guys are hilarious. LL Cool J is very intelligent and rather tame by today’s standards. Most of his music was geared towards ladies. It just goes to show that racist people only see one thing when they see Black skin.

4. NofreakinBama says:

Supports explanation of how a generation of morons can elect the moron we have occupying the White House. If the population spent 1/2 the time vetting their elected officials as fawning and drooling over functionally illiterate rappers and tv/movie actors on pathetic shows like American Idolitry and Dancing w/Herpes, perhaps the country would be headed in the right direction.

1. Nxtiq says:

But then again, instead of worrying about politics and entertainment altogether… if the population spent even an ounce of their time studying how to meditate and transcend dimensions, then perhaps the ‘world’ would be headed in the right direction.😉

5. Drudgelol says:

Drudge linked articles are so obvious by the comments. trololololol.

1. carol says:

You can put your head back in the sand now.

2. V. Michael says:

That comment doesn’t even make sense……………….have another toke.

6. Abilene says:

1. Who is that?
    2. Whogas?

7. abobinmn says:

Man have they ever sunk to new depths.

8. GomerP says:

I got a 357 an’ I’m breakin’ on down.

break it up, break it up, break it up, BREAKDOWN!!!!

9. swissik says:

The only thing I know about LL is that he is a fabulous actor on NCIS L.A. and I hope that he isn’t wallowing in the gutter like so many other black “artists”.

10. Bob Forsberg says:

Good reasons to avoid watching, even TiVo

11. Earl says:

I am not a rap fan but let me say this I really like ol Cool J on NCIS Los Angeles. Does a great job. Maybe it will turn into a grunge hate fest, but for some reason I do not think so. And I do not like President Barak Oberon.

1. Pasann says:

He is also a conservative……….

12. nosepikr says:

I usually change the channel during the show, when the black rappers take over. Now I can avoid the entire program.

13. Pasann says:

He is also a conservative.

1. J.D. says:

I actually had to Google this — and you’re correct! What a nice surprise. It’s tough to be a conservative these days but doubly so if you’re black. My hat’s off to Mr. Jay.

I still won’t watch the Grammy’s. I’ve managed to miss every broadcast for my entire life so I’d hate to break the streak. I avoid all awards shows. When artists get together to stroke each others’ egos I think it’s a good time to read a book.

14. JustAGuy says:

Well, I applaud the choice of LL Cool J. Would you prefer Obama’s good buddy Jay ( I’m god, who are you ) Z or Beyonce (I can show more skin without getting arrested than you) Knowles?

15. Fred Derf says:

well, that’ll save me the time of watching. what a childish and foolish name to call one’s self

16. Rickg says:

Won’t be watching. The one singer who should be top new artist, Jackie Evancho not even nominated. Whoops, forgot, she’s young, white and not a tramp. There goes her qualifications.

17. Midge Martin says:

The Grammy Awards are a joke. Instead I’ll be watching, on computer, something of value, education or real art. Turn off your TV and all of these degenerates go away, magically, and never darken your life again.

——– http://911essentials.com

18. Maximus says:

Nice to see the racist element of the white race is now sub culture. Maybe another 30 years and most of you will die out. Hope most of the other racist of different races join you.

LLCOOLJ is a childish name? Well it was a name that Todd Smith of working class background came up with almost 30 years ago which you can guess was when he was a kid.

We are winning, you’re losing.

19. D. Tales says:

More like, “LL Stale J”.

His name doesn’t even have an apostrophe in it.

Was his mom asleep when social workers came by her hospital room with the birth certificate?

20. brad says:

Who? What? Huh? County is going to hell in a hand basket and an ‘award’ television show is relevant? Lets bring on the clowns.

21. freecheese says:

Yawn . . . Hollywood Limosine Liberals giving awards to other Hollywood Limosine Liberals.
    Leave the phony ceremoney and parties — then retire to their $5-million dollar Malibu shacks. What a life !
    Vanity, to the max. With a stupid name of LL Cool J, that rings of a self-absorbed jerk . My mother would Jap-Slap me for abandoning my given name.
    I wonder what the poor people are eating tonight?

22. Rickg says:

I don’t listen to rap, can’t stand it. Having said that, I have no problem with the name LL Cool J. It’s a stage name, the same as many other actors and singers take if their real name seems either dull or complicated. This one just fits the rap culture. Since leaving music, he’s a good actor.

23. buy vpn uk says:

I am really impressed with your writing abilities as well as with the structure for your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to see a nice weblog like this one these days..