LA Mom, 22, Missing After Trip To Neighborhood Drug Store

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Police on Thursday asked the public’s help in locating a Los Angeles mother of two who has gone missing.

Bree’ Anna Jovette Guzman, 22 was last seen on Monday, December 26, 2011, at around 7:30 p.m. near her home in the 2300 block of Humboldt Street in the Hollenbeck area of Los Angeles.

KNX 1070’s Jan Stevens reports now Guzman’s family has issued a desperate plea for any information that could lead to her safe return.

Guzman — who also goes by the name “Bree” — told her family she was going to walk to a nearby drugstore to purchase cough medicine, according to police.

Guzman never returned home and has not reported to work since that time.

She also left her two young children at home, police said.

“We’re working diligently with friends, LAPD, everybody who possibly knows her via Facebook, is looking for her,” said Guzman’s mother Darlene Duran.

Guzman is described as a female Hispanic with black hair and brown eyes, 5’3″ tall and weighing approximately 110 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a blue jacket, pink shirt and blue jeans. She has a tattoo on the back of her neck and a pierced lower lip.

A candlelight vigil will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday at 2301 Humbolt Street in Los Angeles, Duran said.

Anyone with information on Guzman is asked to contact the LAPD Missing Persons Unit at (213) 996-1800.

Tipsters may also contact the LAPD by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone or visit the LAPD website.

Comments

1. Mary neves says:

Hope she is found..i have a daughter and i am afraid when she goes out alone.

2. Natalie says:

What is her Facebook name??

3. shell says:

Bree’Anna Guzman-Ruiz

4. Jazzmyne Urquiza says:

our families are close, she is like family to me

1. Any Updates??? says:

Sorry for all the grief & heartache. My heart goes out to her loved ones that are frantically searching.
      Do you have any updates?

5. edwin says:

dude if u dont know her dont say dumb remarks

6. Michelle says:

You dont need even know her so keep your Negative selfish stupid comments to yourself. People are grieving. Have a heart and get a life.

7. Michelle says:

Come home Bree❤

8. Lucy aguilar says:

Her family is in my prayers! Hope she returns safe to her family **big hugs** go out to her family members even though I don’t know you.

9. DAYSI SANCHEZ says:

I HOPE THEY FIND HER CUZ MY AUNT IS FRIENDS WITH HER AND I REALLY FELL BAD THAT THEY CANT FIND HOPFULLY THEY FIND HER

10. Lisa Galvan says:

I’ve known Bree since she was a little girl. My heart is heavy with grief over this and I can’t imagine what my friend, her mom, is going thru. PLEASE KEEP HER AND HER FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS.

11. RAQUEL MANFULL says:

I PRAY FOR HOPE AND COMFORT FOR MOM,, DARLENE, AND I PRAY THE LORD WILL BRING BREEANNA HOME TO HER BABIES!!!!!! JAMIE AND I WERE SO SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS TRAGIC NEWS…..

12. Bubba says:

My prayers go out to my good friends, the mother and father of Bree. to bring her home safe. Come home Bree

13. Darlene says:

Bree you are loved and missed! Please, if anyone has seen her or know where she might be please give a call and let her family know. She is a bright beautiful young woman with two babies that need her very much. Remember all those pickle jars Bree? We did it cuz we didnt give up!! Dont give up!! Fight! Come home!! I love you Honey!!

14. Joe Average-Man says:

A missing welfare hoe, baby-hatchery, criminal-breeder? Good riddance. She’s probably a benefit-sucking anchor baby too.

Another fat, ugly welfare-4-life selfish woman.

1. Joe's #4 Dad says:

Wow intelligent comment there. How about you go and troll on your world of warcraft forum like you usually do and leave the serious internet for the rest of us

2. your worst nightmare says:

any by the way, if you even read the story it says she has a job. something you probably will never be able to do because you are obviously ignorant

15. Maria Villela says:

Babes come home please, Nellers & Jayde need you..we all MISS you bbymomma, COME HOME!

16. tinna says:

Bree I miss u a lot please come home bree! Remember we were at dees house for thanksgiving and I had to take u away from the nonsense lady cuz she was getting on ur nerves goshhh I wish we could have done that for new yrs or xmas I need u for the holidays to come🙂 please bree without dee and without u this year has become so bad please come home bree

17. CellBlock5 says:

Hey Joe Average Man, I remember you from prison. You came in thinking you’re all hard, but after a week you were the cell block ho. No wonder you like to talk trash about women, you like being dirt farmed and tossing salads.

18. Chelles says:

The police should check the logs of everyone’s IP address that posts a reply, the perpetrator usually checks all news information…. its a pathetic attempt at importance… this guy should be looked into.

Bree… if you are being held against your will and are able to somehow read this please know the human spirit is stronger than anything life has to offer. Your babies need you to come home.

19. momof2 says:

first of all, could they not use a more recent pic of Bree?? It might be helpful in the search. second of all, why has this story about a local girl not more publicized? there are monsters among use that threaten to take our babies, sisters, moms…. we have to do more as a community if the media can’t make things happen. where is this investigation at. I doubt the family even knows. if this was a white girl from beverly hills they would be all over this story. racial profiling…it’s never ending.

20. SELENE VALDES says:

MY PRAYERS AND DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. HOPE SHE IS FOUND SAFE AND SOUND. I KNOW ITS AN EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TIME BUT DONT FORGET THERE IS A GOD AND HE IS WITH US IN OUR DARKEST TIMES, STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH YOU OWE IT TO BREE AND HER TWO YOUNG CHILDREN. MAY THE STRENGHT AND GRACE OF GOD BE WITH YOU ALL.!

21. Any Updates??? says:

Are there any updates that her close family & friends can share?
    I live relatively close to the are and haven’t been able to stop thinking about this young girl. =/

22. compare names says:

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept