‘Occupy LA’ Protesters To March Following Monday’s Rose Parade

PASADENA (CBS) — They may not have a flowery float, but “Occupy LA” protesters will be out in force during Monday’s Tournament of Roses parade.

Demonstrators, who don’t have a permit to be a part of the official parade, gathered at Singer Park Tuesday to discuss their plans for the 123rd Rose Parade.

Officials say the protesters, who were peacefully kicked out of their encampment last month, will be able to follow police cars along the parade route.

They plan to carry banners in front of a 250 foot-by-50 foot blowup of the U.S. Constitution, as well as a new version of the giant octopus puppet that was assembled during their two-month stay at City Hall.

Comments

1. irma Meyer says:

I don’t think those protester belong at the rose parade it is not part of tradtion. and this is suppose to be a fun happy family event. Come on grow up people

2. Astonished says:

Hey Thottam; Why don’t you really impress the 99% by paying to clean up all the garbage and c*rap you left behind in Los Angeles! But, Nooo, instead, you dump that on the Citizens of the City to take care of. And since I live in that city and have to assume this burden, as far as I’m concerned, the whole bunch of you are nothing more than opportunistic free-loading squatters.

You definetly don’t have the 99%’s best interests at heart.

3. wg/af says:

Astonished

I can’t even get a job.That’s because that lawyer Robert Hale from Hale and Nguyen in Brea couldn’t help me with my case. Now I’m a bitter aS$puck that has a beef with law enforcement and everybody on the internet. I used multiple screen names like [GROW..APAIR], [wg//af], [up//yours] and [kma] so no one can track me down. I challenge people to meet me in front of the Fullerton P.D. station for my protection.

1. Astonished says:

Yeah, I know you told us already! How about giving up the past and moving forward. I stand by my posting. As far as they yahoo’s go, their agenda is being aimed at the wrong audience. If they as so committed, they need to squat on the lawns in D.C! No local government can help them change the banking laws, or how much a millionaire must contribute to the whole.

These guys just want media coverage.

4. John says:

Here and now I want to start another internet campaign. Everybody that goes to the Rose Parade please save your eggs and marshmallows for after the even this year and chuck them at these yahoos. Show them that we’re tired of their whining. Tomatoes and any other soft and messy item that will send a message without actually hurting anyone would also be appreciated.

1. Astonished says:

Now this is a campaign I can embrace! Soft over ripe eggplant should work well too!