STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Danielle Robb visited KCAL9 Wednesday to discuss tips for post-holiday travel and weekend getaways.
Robb shared the following tips for winter travel:
1) First set a budget. Then decide if your dates are flexible. Most likely you will be able to find a better deal if they are.
2) Then pick a vacation spot that is counter balance to the craziness of the holidays. I recommend a place that is warm and sunny where you can unwind.
3) Visit or subscribe to “flash sale” sites such as Jetsetter.com, Sniqueaway.com and Ideelitravel.com. Incredible deals and vacation packages are offered from these sites. Plus, it opens up the possibility of experiencing a location you haven’t thought about vacationing to.
4) Reach out via social media sites and ask friends and family if they have any recommendations.
She also recommends escaping to nearby destinations:
1) I am a huge fan of “SoCalcations”, staying somewhere within a one- to four-hour drive from where you live. We are lucky in SoCal to have so many beautiful spots that are close, from San Diego to Santa Barbara, Palm Springs to various Mountain resorts.
2) If you haven’t experienced the PCH drive up the coast, it is a must do! It’s a wonderful weekend getaway and an experience you can enjoy on a budget. Be open to stopping anywhere along the way that peaks your interest. I did this drive up the coast awhile back and stayed in the most charming bed and breakfasts.
3) A great site for people who are looking for affordable ways to try new places and see new things is bloomspot.com.
For more information about Robb, visit Sun Passport.