Police Say Man Shot Dead Outside Home May Have Been Burglar

PASADENA (CBS) — A man who may have been burglarizing a home or business was found shot to death in Pasadena Tuesday, and police were looking for the shooter.

Police sent to check out reports of gunfire found the fatally wounded man between a garage and a fence in the 100 block of Dearborn Street about 5:40 a.m. Monday, Craig Harvey of the coroner’s office said.

The man’s name was being withheld. Harvey said he was 43 years old. No hometown was given.

Pasadena police Lt. Phlunte Riddle said “it appears he may have been doing something illegal, but at this moment it’s a real whodunit.”

Anyone with more information about what happened was asked to call detectives at (626) 744-4241.

Comments

1. wobbles says:

As Jerry Brown floods our streets with his so called “non-violent, non-serious” criminals to victimize us again and again without any punishment, I expect we’ll see quite a few more “whodunits” like this. Hope the crooks take notice.

1. sparky says:

The decision to release prisoners was forced by the courts because the previous Republican administration refused to deal with the issue of overcrowding in the prisons and jails. The Republicans like to talk tough on crime but they don’t want to fund anything. Let’s put the blame where it belongs.

2. Whisky…Tango… Foxtrot says:

Just wait, robberies, assaults, murders; it’s all going to get a lot worst as Gov. Brown and his socialist party releases hundreds of thousands of violent felons and child molesters back onto the streets in an attempt to extort more tax money from California’s citizens to give to all the corrupt Prison Guards Union officials.

1. sparky says:

You’re comment is so idiotic that it doesn’t even deserve a response.

3. Paul says:

Thats great one less dirt bag in ca.

4. Robert S. says:

In Texas, “We don’t dial 911, we “Let um enter”, then we “have target practice”, and that is how simple that is! “Wish I had shot the guy who opened the door in my new house, and stared me down while I was watching tv! The guy said dumbly”…Opps, I got the wrong house”! My mistake was leaving my front door “unlocked”, but since then “I lock every door behind me. When I was growing up in a small town in Texas, we never “locked” any door in our house. Times have really changed, Huh?