STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Still have some holiday traveling left to do? Don’t head out your door without tips from Catherine Hamm.
Hamm is the Travel Editor at the Los Angeles Times and visited the KCAL 9 studios Monday.
Hamm also shared information about the upcoming LA Times Travel Show, Jan 27-29, at the LA Convention Center.
· World-class speakers include Lisa Ling, Rick Steves, Adam Richman, Arthur Frommer and many more
· The largest show floor in the West will feature thousands of possible destinations through exhibitors from around the globe
· New themed areas include:
o Travel in Style Pavilion – luxury and leisure travel
o Xtreme Adventure Zone – destinations and live sessions for thrill seekers
o Kids’ World – vacation ideas for families and kid-friendly activities
o Culinary Stage – regional and exotic cooking demonstrations
· Times Pavilion will showcase Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Award-winning reporters and Pulitzer Prize-winning photographers including:
o Christopher Reynolds on his revealing guide to local travel, “Southern California Close-Ups”
o Mark Boster on his stunning coffee table book “Four Seasons of Yosemite”
o Chris Erskine on his in-depth, behind-the-scenes reports on LAX and John Wayne Airport
o Jen Leo on Web buzz and digital apps for tech-savvy travel
o Kathy Pyon on expert tips for taking vacation photos with point-and-shoot cameras
· Hands-on activities include a zip line, rock wall and “bubble roller” (walk on water while contained in a giant bubble)
- The Los Angeles Times is offering one “Times Travel” shopping bag with purchase of a Travel Show ticket, through Jan. 8 (promo code: LAT)
For more information, click here.