Caught On Tape: FedEx Deliveryman Throws Box Over Fence

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Ground delivery got a whole new meaning from a FedEx employee who apparently was fed up with holiday deliveries.

A security video posted on YouTube captured the delivery man carelessly tossing a boxed computer monitor over a fence of a Southland home.

YouTube user “goobie55,” the homeowner who posted the video, says he was home at the time of the delivery, with the front door wide open!

“All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken,” he posted.

The video has more than 2.6 million hits on YouTube since it was posted on Monday.

A Federal Express spokeswoman says the company will track down the driver and punish him.

Bah! Humbug!

Comments

1. Michael J. McDermott says:

Looks strangely like one of these “Lost Angeles” “Booger Pickers”.

2. Rick says:

His version of living a better life. Once again at the expense of others.
    Send him back to the fields so he can throw some strawberries.

3. Go UPS says:

“Punish him.” You mean he won’t be fired? Glad I don’t use FedEx.

4. Jody says:

Dear Santy Claus, All I want for Christmas is a shiny, new racist, just like “Rich” or “Michael”! If you’re too busy to deliver it yourself, I hope you’ll have one of your helpers just throw it over my fence. Better still, maybe you can drop kick it over! Thank you Santy for making my Christmas one to remember!

1. Michael J. McDermott says:

Boogers? Race? The “Boogers Race?” I must have offended someone.

5. rick says:

if your expecting a delivery have the gate open moron the driver did nothing wrong

6. GO USPS says:

if you read his description, his front door behind the gate is wide open. is ringing a door bell too much for a delivery man to do?

7. geeM says:

A few years back I sent 3 bottles of nice wines to my sister via FedEx. The guy threw it over the fence and broke two of the three bottles.
    Great service….thank you.

8. Bieber says:

Just about each time I see Jose and Selena, I spit on them.

9. Use Brown says:

Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened with this company. They are acting so shocked but this is actually a regular habit with Fedex. I have talked with people who have had this happen and I had it happen to me. I was expecting a delivery of a medical device. I traced the package through Fedex and called them repeatedly. They continuously claimed the package was delivered. I checked with neighbors and the office of my apartment complex (it had been cold and rainy so I thought maybe the package was left in the office for me). You guessed it, no package; no delivery ticket. The sender agreed to send me a new package through a different carrier. Remember it was cold and wet? I have a balcony and since the weather was bad I had not gone onto the balcony but I had to clear fallen leaves off the porch. When I stepped outside guess what I found? Yes, you’re right, the package had been thrown onto the balcony in a spot that you could not see until you stepped outside. Also the balcony is on the second floor and there is a deep hedge on the first floor. The cardboard had been destroyed by the rain and the item inside was broken. Fedex refused to accept responsibility. So now I am boycotting them and asking anyone who reads this to do the same. They are liars when they act like they don’t know that their employees are handling packages this way. This seems to be a company policy. Don’t use them.

1. mike says:

to bad i is TOTALLY your fault.. you never checked your patio?? and if it is TRUELY on a second floor how do you in this huge lie suggest someone got it up there? i can shoot a ball as well as the next guy so i suppose i could toss a package a decent distance but i HIGHLY doubt anyone could toss one up two floors and over a wall into a balcony what i think did happen is they delivered it to your neighbor who then went to THEIR balcony and tossed it NEXT DOOR

10. Joshua says:

That’s what happens when you have a hispanic to be your swimming pool guy, landscaper, policemen, firefighter, mail man, kindergarden teacher, baby sitter, handy man, etc… One way or the other, you WILL BE harmed in an ever creative way.