Brittany Murphy’s Mother Claims ‘Toxic Mold’ Killed Her Daughter, Son-In-Law

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Brittany Murphy’s mother claims toxic mold found in her daughter’s Hollywood home killed Brittany and her son-in-law, according to TMZ.

Murphy died from pneumonia in 2009. Five months later, her husband also passed away from the same ailment.

Sharon Murphy claims the people who built the house are to blame for the mold that caused their condition.

According to a new lawsuit, Sharon alleges she was duped by her lawyers into giving up her rights to sue the builders for wrongful death. Sharon claimes her lawyers convinced her to accept a settlement offer for the construction defects back in January, but they failed to explain she would never be able to go after the builders for their alleged role in her daughter’s death.

According to TMZ, Sharon has hired Michael Marzban to sue her former lawyers for legal malpractice and wants them to pay her what she could have won in a wrongful death suit.

Comments

1. Kim Oliveri says:

I BELIEVE IT! It’s a serious issue we are not addressing! Black mold kills!

1. Chris says:

I cannot stress enough how dangerous that Mold is and it’s in so many places!

Search Google for stacci botrus mold and you will find many articles on the subject. This mold has eaten the tissue of my Moms Lungs and has caused a life long pain beyond imagination…..

2. greg says:

I hope she gets what she wants, too often people sell their rights because they are told it will never be an issue and if they don’t settle now they’ll end up with nothing at all ever, what a tragedy

3. RonaldD says:

Wake up people, the first thing an attorney does is figure out how to make an easy buck. They don’ care about you. I imagine the builders paid a handsome kickback to Sharon Murphy’s attorney to sell her case down the river. There are probably similar design problems in many other homes.

It’s my experience when you go to court the worst POS in the room is the one standing right next to you. Keep an eye out for suspicious activities.

4. BrittanyMurphyWeb says:

I’d love to know what’s really behind this story, and how TMZ got hold of it. Sharon has previously described the mold claim as absurd and the Coroner’s Office discounted it. She has had no publicist since Roger Neal quit last April via Twitter (user name imakestars) and gave false contact details for her. He told me that she was retaining the services of Michael Schiff and Marty “mad dog” Singer. I assume it is Schiff that Sharon is suing (if indeed the story is true)

RIP Brittany Murphy November 10 1977 – December 20 2009

5. JCINHB says:

I don’t doubt the dangers of Black Mold… But did/didn’t we have this problem 40-50 yrs ago? Did we just not know about it? It’s just so weird that it is such a new issue.