Alleged Irwindale Shooting Suspect’s Widow Expresses Sadness, Shock

IRWINDALE (CBS)  — Jean Turner, widow of alleged SCE gunman Andre Turner, today expressed shock and sadness about her late husband’s shooting spree that left two co-workers dead and two others hospitalized.

Officials say after Turner fired on his supervisors, he turned the gun on himself.

“We are in shock and still trying to process this tragic event,” said Jean Turner.

“Our hearts and prayers go out to all of the victims and their families,” she said in a written statement.

SCE has established a $100,000 fund to aid victims and provided grief counseling to employees and family members impacted by Friday’s office shooting. Employees at the SCE Information Technology and Transmission and Distribution divisions in Irwindale were also given the option of staying away from work Monday.

The two people Turner murdered were identified as 56-year-old Henry Serrano, of Walnut, and 53-year-old Robert Lindsay, of Chino.

Turner and Lindsay died at the scene. Serrano died while being taken to a hospital, the coroner’s office said.

The two wounded victims — 46-year-old Glendale resident Angela Alvarez and contractor Abhay Pimpale, 38, of Montebello — were treated at an area hospital, SCE officials said.

Pimpale was released from the hospital Saturday. Alvarez remains hospitalized in critical condition.

On Friday about 1:30 p.m., Turner — armed with a semi-automatic handgun — began methodically shooting other employees inside an office building in the in the 4900 block of Rivergrade Road in Irwindale, authorities said.

The building — which houses more than 1,100 SCE employees — is part of a office complex called the San Gabriel Valley Corporate Campus.

Sheriff’s officials said Turner and all of his victims worked in the same region of the building.

Lindsay had been a manager in the IT division at SCE and worked for the company for 29 years, SCE officials said. He was married and was a father. Serrano, a manager in the same area, had worked for SCE for 26 years.

According to various media reports, Turner singled out certain co-workers to shoot — including some Edison supervisors — and told other people to leave.

A budget meeting was held and cuts were discussed before the shooting began, but police would not say if the threat of layoffs set off the attack, reports said.

Turner allegedly was having difficulty holding on to his Norco home. He and his wife were reportedly involved in a short sale of the home.

About 200 employees held a vigil for the dead and wounded Sunday.

Comments

1. April says:

what a way to leave your family Mr. Turner, now they have to live with what you have done, face ridicule, and so on, surely there must have been another way. Sorry for the loss for the two that passed away, and wish for a speed recovery for the injured. Suicide and murder is never the answer. If you feel that way just reach out and try and make it to the next day…because things can and will get better. Sad story.

1. THE COLDEST WINTER says:

APRIL I JUST WANT TO SAY TO YOU THAT THE ” UN ” VICTIMS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT SO INNCOCENT BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT HAVE BEEN A VICTIM POSITION BECAUSE AS YOUVE BEEN SEEING AND READING THAT HE DIDNT GO IN RANDOMLY AND OFF PEOPLE HE HAD HIS SELECTED FEW SO THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING PEOPLE NEED TO START LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE AND NOT JUST THE SNAP SHOT.LY KNOWS WHAT HAPPEND THAT DAY TO LEAD HIM TO THIS SO I FEEL THAT THEY ARE AS MUCH A SUSPECT AS HE…. AND A REAL PERSON WOULD HAVE SENT THERE CONDOLENCE TO ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN THIS BECAUSE EVERYBODY WAS BLIND SIDED BY THIS TRAGEDY…

2. ray says:

arrest and try the widow for this mess I KNOW THATS HARSH but she HAD TO KNOW he was prime to snap like this. i have been married 13 years and there is no way my wife could snap like this and me not know its coming and vise versa. she had to see the signs, and if she did not or claims she did not then she is a rotten wife. any mate that does not know their mate TOTALLY is a rotten mate and person in my view. she knew this was comming and SHOULD have called for help

1. Ed Guthrie says:

ray you are an idiot.

2. Jameswood says:

Shut up Stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Angel for Mental Health people like Ray says:

Ray …you are a real stupid un educated fool…..Think before you speak…Why would YOU blame the wife..Its people like you that points the finger & blame others for others actions…Working in a mental hospital…I will tell you there are no signs of normal people actions in dealimg with stress & other problems.I wonder if your wife did a crime would you be telling the court to try you and lock you up…The person I feel so sorry for is YOU!!! Whether your White,Black,Asian or whatever…you are clearly being racist & bias….ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU…WHO POINT THE FINGER ,PUSH PEOPLE AND KEEP GOING AT IT !!! YOU NEED TO GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY TO GOD YOUR WIFE OR KIDS DONT MAKE THE SAME CHOICE BEACAUSE YOU ARE PUSHING THEM!! BECAREFUL WHAT YO SAY KARMA WILL BITE YOU IN YOUR ASS BEFORE YOU SOUND LIKE AN ANIMAL ASS HOLE IDIOT!!! & people normal just like you & I that have jobs with degree’s who comes into the mental health hospital for help…STOP JUDGING…WE ALL GONNA PRAY FOR YOU!!!!

3. keepin it real says:

I think I see why he snapped.

1. cory says:

If two young negroes had been murdered by caucasian thugs the entire civil rights community would have raised hell i.e. marches, demonstrations, candle light vigils, calls for a federal investigation,, etc etc. Jackson, Sharpton, Waters would be getting prime time publicity over this pathetic story.

2. astonished says:

And guess what. It WASN’T prosecuted as a hate crime.

4. rankin1 says:

The bottom line always carry your gun,n eed a mass protest for ccw rights in california, occupy sacramento

5. Bumzors says:

Bottom line, be nice to people because you never know what you’re dealing with…Not saying what he did was right but a well treated employee wont do things like this. To single out certain people and to let other people go proves it.
    Again, not saying what he did was right but he had his reasons I’m sure.

6. alicia beterson says:

ray i think you are an animal without brain your comment is not for a normal human i can’t beleive it. maybe your stupid wife is living with the enemy that is you.nobody knows your intentions in this life.mr. turner acts like this for somereason not for nothing.so don’t be so dumb go to kindergarden.

1. ray says:

no i am just stating FACT i know EVERYTHING about my wife i can take one look at her and know if she is in a good mood a bad mood say happy all at a glance. i may not know the exact reason shes in that mood but i know shes in it and i can tell when she is likely to yell and not want to talk to me so there is NO WAY this woman did not see that her husband was on the RAGED EDGE so she needs to be tried for the death of the 2 people he killed BECAUSE SHE COULD HAVE STOPED THIS by talking to her man about what ever he was upset about or getting him help

1. APRIL says:

@ Ray how do you know this? Nobody knows anybody that well, and that means that all the people who have lived with serial killers, rapist, liars, con artists could have changed their spouses paths. Also do you think wives of husbands who killed them knew they were going to being killed? Scott and Laci Peterson for example. Do you know what a sociopath is? They fool people Ray. No this woman should not be tried for anyone’s murder, don’t be ridiculous! And even if she knew her husband was in a bad mood doesn’t mean he wanted to talk about it, and it doesn’t mean he was going to kill anyone. Sometimes people just don’t know Ray.

2. ray says:

april your so wrong i DO know my wife that well and she knows me that well. there is NO WAY either of us could get mad or upset enough to do what this man did and the other not know about it. as for serial killers YES their familys ALWAYS KNOW it is a well known fact that killers such as TED BUNDY AND JEFFREY DAUMERs familys BOTH testified that they had seen them both abuse and torture small animals which is a known PRE-PHASE to serial killers. as for laci peterson YES SHE KNEW it is on record that she told several of her friends that he was abusive and that she feared for her life as is the case with almost all wifes killed by a husband VERY RARELY does a man kill a wife the first time he abuses her its always a pattern. if a woman gets beat once and stays then he messed up and can safely assume he will kill her SOMEDAY. so i belive this wife knew he was this upset and should have called the police and reported it.. she HAD TO KNOW he had a gun in the house unless she is plain out of it and not aware of her own home. so she should have HID HIS GUN(S) SO THIS is every bit her fault as much as it was his

7. crissy says:

@ ray you are a freakin idiot. you dont have a clue on the details and what really happened. your wife might have a side man anyway cause you are not doing your job. dont ever think you really know a person like that.Its no way you can blame the wife for andre decision. you are a silly individual.

8. maestro says:

@ ray you are so sad you should be put on trial because its people like you that push people of the edge and make them snap… thinking that you know any kind of fact what scientific measures did you take to learn these facts that you are stating?… what your own life experiences?… you fail to realize thats what makes us indiviuals because we are all diffirent! So yes you and your wife may know when something is wrong and how to prevent it, but that doesnt mean everyone does. Just like you and your spouse may not know things that other couples know about each other but that does not mean that judgement should be passed or that we should blame the next of kin for what the last person ,did you are sick sedistic because just like he took lives and left all those families to mourn the the wiife was a victim also he had a family to and you dont know what led him to the point of no return… the family should take you to trail for being so idiotic at a time of mourning causing more pain and sufferring making a false statment and saying it was fact with out taking any of the proper measures to makeit one and for slander. At the end of the day Im going to pray for people like you and hope that you or your family nver have to deal with a situation like this and maybe you should get off the internet and go read a book because your making you and your life look very uneducated and heartless.

9. angel says:

10. ray says:

I hold this view angel not because my wife did something wrong but because my brother did.. he has always been a violent person ever since we were kids. he is also the most educated person i personally know, he has a PhD in psych. he beat a man half to death for spilling a beer on him. to me that is hardly reason to even get man much less beat someone. legally in our socity your right I AM NOT LIABLE. HOWEVER in my mind MORALLY i am because i knew he was like this and never did anything to stop him. so when he did this i paid the mans medica and paid him money to recoup his lost pay till he was better.

1. ray says:

my whole view is accountability if someone in my family does something wrong and i could have stoped them then to me i am liable and I WILL MAKE IT RIGHT even if it is not LEGALLY required.. to me our whole socity needs to take accountability. two people in this case are dead at this mans hand. he then kills him self SOMEONE owes the dead peoples familys restitution in the form of MONEY that they now lose because their loved one is dead. in my view that restitution should come from the killers family.

1. ray says:

race for me has nothing to do with this.. white people have done this in the past blacks have asians have EVERY GROUP has. i did not know till a few days AFTER my statements that this guy was black but as i say that fact means nothing to me. what does is that in my view a person who is paying attention to their family will see that their loved one is having issues. maybe this guy lost it because his job was not going well and he was about to lose his house. maybe he lost it because one or both of the dead men did something he thought was wrong. HIS REASON IS NOT IMPORTANT what is important is he killed them and someone has to give their familys justice. clearly they can not put the man in jail so to me justice would be his family in some PHYSICAL WAY paying restitution

2. maestro says:

at the end of the day the right people are paying and that is edison something pushed him over ther edge and that was his job there where people in the builindg he had small talk with while the gun was in his had there was people he told to leave so since those people didnt stop him or call the police should they be paying to… he methodically chose those people he shot and killed so they obviously did something… yea his wife may have seen warning signs but we dont know what she told him to do she may have told him to get help or go to managment maybe he came home everyday with the same smile on his face and told her nothing at all because he didnt want to worry her I’ll say this once again we are all individuals and we never know what the next person will or will not do even if they say or dont say something if that was the case humans would not be individuals we would have all been born with the same mind and there would be no use for the study of psychology. morally there are alot of things that are right and worng and morally andre should of gave every oones family money before he did what he did but legally and morally his wife has nothing to do with this

11. angel says:

Maestro…..Great message ,hopefully Ray will be the one donating towards the family…right Ray? Since you have all the answers!! Ray I understand about your brother,but this is a different situation!!!way different!!! They posted the pic of this man way before your post…do the investagation!!!I I hope you really stop judging and blaming the wife,she has nothing to do with this…I will continue to ask GOD to lift you up in prayer in removing JUDGEMENTALNESS from your heart….Yes many people were affected by this….so have you reached out to help the families of the 2 deceased? Exactly!!!……Think before you speak & become what you say you do for others…..

12. RAY says:

I am sorry you disagree with me angel but then DIFFRENT ideas is what makes this country great. you can think what you want as can I. maybe I am diffrent I don’t know but I am very tight with my family, and I know when ANY OF THEM are having an issue of some sort. Case in point my son is a very talkitive type, he loves to talk to his friends and family. recently he got into trouble on his job because he made a large mistake and he was scared he was going to lose his job. so he got VERY QUITE because his mind was stuck on how to fix the mistake he made and not lose his job. i saw this change and talked to him, he did not want to admit to me what was wrong because he was embarrassed about his mistake at work. but i finally got it out of him and we both went to his boss who is a friend of mine and we fixed the problem. what my son had done wrong was he broke a very costly piece of equipment on my friends construction site where he worked cutting and hauling wood around. we simply went to my friend admited he broke it which my friend already knew about and i paid to replace what my son broke. I understand not all problems are this simple. but my point is I SAW THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM and i helped him deal with it and I MADE IT RIGHT. it IS NOT MY JOB by socity standards to fix my sons mess ups on the job he is 20 years old, but as his dad i feel it is my job to help him anywhere i can. so i still feel that since this man killed 2 people it is at the core HIS DUTY to pay for it (thus going to jail) but since he is not alive to pay for his crime i belive the duty to pay for it falls to his wife in the form of paying to the familys of the dead ANY AND ALL LIFE INSURANCE her husband had. even if she did not have a hand in what he did she should not keep the profits from his death she should give all of that money if it exists to the two dead mens familys. if no money exists then she needs to do SOMETHING to help the familys

1. maestro says:

the truth will be revealed because more people at edison are speaking out about what really happend so ray i will also pray for you for being so judgemental stupid and saynng those awful things about taking his wife to trial and maybe when the truth is revealed you should apologize for being so negative and such a gossip and once again comparing your life to other has nothing to do with this we are all individuals so and these are different situations