Make Something From The Heart With Holiday Gift Ideas From Katie Lee
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Entertainment expert and chef Katie Lee visited the KCAL 9 studios Thursday to talk about new ways to get creative and make homemade gifts.
Lee is also the Clos du Bois ambassador.
Lee recommends staying away from crowded malls this time of year and making something from the heart at home.
– Pick up jars and packaging at the craft store, create a label and tie with a ribbon. At your holiday party or gift swap, the gifts can double as a place card, or give each guest one as a party favor.
· Cheesy-Ranch Popcorn
– A great holiday-party snack. Or to up your gift cred, include a great DVD and make it a movie night package.
§ ¼ cup popcorn kernels
§ ¼ cup canola oil
§ 1 cup mini pretzels
§ 1 cup cheese crackers
§ 2 tablespoons butter, melted
§ 2 tablespoons powdered ranch-dressing mix
§ 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– In a large pot or stockpot with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat, combine the popcorn and oil. Shake constantly. When the popcorn begins to pop, lower the heat to medium-low. Continue to shake until popping begins to slow.
– Transfer to a bowl, and add pretzels and crackers. Drizzle with the melted butter, and sprinkle ranch-dressing mix and Parmesan. Toss to coat. Allow to cool completely before transferring to a container.
· Holiday Coffee
– Your friends will think of you every morning
§ 1 pound medium-bodies coffee (like Colombian)
§ 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
§ 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
§ 1 teaspoon ground ginger
§ 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
– In a large bowl, combine coffee with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Use the back of a knife to scrape vanilla beans from the pod into the coffee mixture. Mix well.
– Place in a big jar or coffee bags that can be found at craft stores or kitchen-supply stores.
– Still pressed for time? Online shopping is a perfect alternative to overcrowded stores and hectic malls.
· Pick-up the limited-edition Banana Republic for Clos du Bois wine bottles.
· The Clos du Bois Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon are decked out with labels sketched by Banana Republic’s Creative Director Simon Kneen and retail for under $20!
· The QR code on the back of the label features entertaining tips from me and a great party soundtrack! They are available on the Clos du Bois website.