Racy Billboard To Come Down After Complaints From San Pedro Residents

SAN PEDRO (CBS) — A billboard advertisement in San Pedro is turning heads — and now residents want the city to remove it altogether.

The provocative ad for the San Pedro Medical Clinic features a bikini-clad model whose figure stretches out beyond the billboard’s edges near the 110 Harbor Freeway at Gaffey Street.

But after the ad had been up for about six weeks, residents have asked the Los Angeles City Council to take down the billboard.

The city said it would be unable to act since the billboard is privately owned, but administrators at the clinic later agreed to remove it altogether once the recent rain storms cleared.

Comments

1. Brutass says:

I don’t find the graphic content offensive at all. The CONTENT however is highly offensive, preying on the weak and stupid.

1. Mya says:

Maybe you would if it was a buff, hot young man in bikini underwear. Doiuble standards are wrong.

1. ZombieGirl says:

I wouldn’t care in either case. People need to stop letting every little thing offend them.

2. Marci says:

I totally agree with Zombie girl.

1. libgal says:

This is freedom of speech. Either you’re for it or against it. Sorry, it’s in the constitution.

2. LeatherMistress says:

Looking at the news story it looks like the billboard caused an accident . I can see the firetruck with flashing lights. It really isnt that big of a deal. ive seen worse on billboard ads.

1. JOSE0311USMC says:

I AGREE. EVERYTHING IS OFFENSIVE TODAY. EVERY LITTLE THING OFFEND PEOPLE… ARE WE BECOMING A COUNTRY OF WIMPY PEOPLE ? SOFT FRAGILE PEOPLE ?? PERSONALLY I THING SHE IS HOT. I BET THAT THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAINT WERE FAT WOMEN ?

3. E says:

I agree with I bet the religious right are behind this if it isn’t about atheism or some other they think it should be so delicate. Stop making a big deal out of things and just let it be they think the whole country and the whole world has to think and act like them please shut up.

4. Smith says:

LOL, I live in Florida and that is nothing compared to half the billboards on the coast. To funny.

1. JOSE0311USMC says:

IN FLORIDA WOMEN WALK AROUND IN THONGS

5. Bob says:

Yes, there is nothing more offensive and morally repugnant than the human form! (For those on whom this might be lost, this is irony.)

What is the world coming to?

1. tcp says:

Actually I think it’s sarcasm, Bob…but you go with it…

6. Jarrod Hubbard says:

San Pedro is the armpit of the South Bay and the biggest concern is this stupid billboard?

1. Love SP says:

San Pedro is not the arm pit of the South Bay.It is a beautiful place, and like a lot of places, there is good and bad.
      If you must know it is some woman that found it offensive to her children.

1. Bravo 21 says:

San Pedro is full of ILLEGAL ALIENS, wetb@cks and welfare recipients like yourself.

2. getaneducation says:

Bravo 21, I am truly sorry for you, if that is all you have to say.

You do not know me, but those words, say a lot more about you than I would want to know.

Thank you.

7. Alx Andrsn says:

Limited protected speech allows the government to restrict advertisements to time, place, and manner. This however sounds more like a private issue with a few individuals who need somethine to complain about. get over yourselves. If you dont like the billboard than dont look at it

8. Melvin Blake says:

One shouldn’t put blame on other when one doesn’t have a proportional body shape, one is over weighted, one has a midget mother. If one doesn’t find the majority of beautinees that matches your stereotype, that’s your problem. And you should go back to your origin.

9. nobody says:

take down all billboards.they are all ugly.

1. keepin it real says: