1 Dead, Another Critically Hurt When Car Rolls Off 5 Freeway In Norwalk

NORWALK (CBS) — A man died and another passenger was critically injured after their car crashed on the 5 Freeway early Sunday and then rolled over the embankment, authorities reported.

The single-vehicle crash occurred shortly before 3:45 a.m. It was located  just south of Rosecrans Avenue, on the border between Norwalk and Santa Fe Springs, CHP Officer Anthony Martin said.

Zaid Norman, 39, was driving approximately 70 miles per hour in his Infinity when he made an unsafe lane change. The SUV went off the roadway and hit a sign, said CHP Officer Ed Jacobs.

The SUV then rolled over and hit a dirt ivy-covered embankment, and two trees.

“Mr. Noman had been drinking but after further investigation was determined to be not under the influence,” according to a CHP report.

Norman suffered major injuries.

A passenger in the vehicle, 27-year-old Jason Ramos-Jacildo, was reported dead at the scene.

Comments

1. Alberto Lim says:

I wish they can make the news more specific. Like how can you hit a sign of unsafe lane change? Was the sign in the middle of the road? Or was there another car that’s involve to make it an unsafe lane change?

2. El Dabe Edmond Sherif says:

The article states that the car went off the roadway, then hit the sign. What an unfortunate and preventable accident? Speed kills. https://twitter.com//ElDabeLawyer

3. Randel says:

Its sad to have lost a friend. Good bye Jace. RIP

You will always be remembered.

4. deah says:

ill see you jace…soon.. my frend…you will always be remembered..salamat…

5. alex says:

i cant still believe it😦 going to miss you buddy and you big smile RIP JACE

6. Erik Arnell Suarez says:

I’m still in total shock. You were so much a part of my life – I can’t even express the emptiness I feel. You’re my brother, my bff, my crazy & my rock. I will forever miss you. Thank you for leaving a permanent imprint on my soul.

7. Adam petersen says:

8. Adam petersen says:

yes a brother in the faith that has been lost…. brethren let us not think of this a such a sad thing but only a blessing in disguise. only God knows what is truly best for us… let us trust that God has a good plan for each and everyone of us members of the Iglesia ni Cristo. let us also pray for his family and support them in as much as we can do.

9. Alex says:

I’ll miss you so much, daddy Jace. You are, and always will be, remembered. You will never be forgotten. Ever. You will always be in my heart and I love you. Although we never met in person, you mean more to me than you know. Rest in paradise and I’ll see you again with the angels.❤❤