Scott Dekraai Pleads Not Guilty To Seal Beach Salon Murders
SANTA ANA (CBS) — The alleged gunman in the Seal Beach salon massacre pleaded not guilty to murder charges Tuesday.
Scott Dekraai, 41, has been charged with eight counts of murder and one count of attempted murder in the Oct. 12 shootings at the Salon Meritage.
Prosecutors say he was seeking revenge against his wife after he lost a child custody battle.
Dekraai is being held without bail.
Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas announced last month that he will be seeking the death penalty.
Dekraai is accused in the deaths of:
• FANNIN, Randy Lee (12/11/1948)
• BUZZO, Victoria Ann (7/21/1957)
• KONDAS, Lucia Bernice (2/19/1946)
• ELODY, Laura Lee (10/01/1965)
• WILSON, Christy Lynn (6/05/1964)
• FOURNIER, Michelle Marie (3/03/1963)
• FAST, Michelle Daschbach (5/21/1964)
• CAOUETTE, David (7/14/1947)