Male Babysitter Arrested On Child Molestation Charges

GLENDALE (CBS) — A male babysitter, hired through the internet service “Sittercity.com,” is facing several child molestation charges.

Jordan Liu, 19, of Alhambra, was arrested by Glendale police on Nov. 22 on charges of sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10 years.

He pleaded not guilty Monday to eight felony counts of sex acts on a child.

Police began to investigate Liu on Nov. 11 after the mother of an 8-year-old boy said her son had been molested by their babysitter, officials said.

The family had employed Liu through Sittercity.com for the past eight months.

“The service, which provides sitters, nannies and parents an opportunity to connect, is cooperating in the investigation,” a press released from the Glendale Police Department said.

“Sittercity was deeply saddened to learn of this situation. As soon as it was brought to our attention, we terminated Mr. Liu’s account and notified anyone who may have had contact with him about the termination,” the company said in a statement to CBS 2.

In addition to Sittercity, Liu used another site, “Care.com,” to advertise his sitting services, police said.

Through an investigation, Glendale police also discovered allegations of sexual assault on the victim’s 3-year-old brother, authorities said in a statement.

Liu is being held on $2.7 million bail. He will return to court on Jan. 5.

Police believe Liu may have more victims. Their investigation found that Liu may have conversed with over 100 parents through Sittercity.com, but it is unknown how many families actually have hired him.

Anyone with information should call Glendale police at (818) 548-3106.

Comments

1. WalterandCindy Alv says:

this guy even looks like a freak, wow, if your gonna leave ur kids with strangers at least choose an established day care not some weirdo off the internet, thats just asking for trouble.

2. cindy says:

my only statement is WHY WOULD YOU HIRE A DUDE TO SIT FOR YOUR KIDS?? maybe i am sexist but i do not belive a dude should ever be a sitter unless he is actually the childs father

3. Astonished says:

I must admit I would find it somewhat discomforting to have a 19-year-old male babysitting my children, but I grew up during a time when teenaged girls babysat to get spending money. Most of the time they or their parents knew the family being babysat.

As for background checks. Well, they are all well and good, but only if he had been caught before. Otherwise, such a report tells you nothing.

1. cin cin says:

actually a BGC done RIGHT would still weed out many of these sickos, i have seen some where they ask you questions about your past how you feel about this situation or that one and based on how you answer it is possible to detect those with a propensity for this sorta thing. a question i saw one for a child care worker was
      IF YOU SAW AN ADULT KISS A CHILD OF THE SAME GENDER ON THE LIPS WOULD YOU THINK IT WAS
      A) NOT RIGHT
      B) POSSIBLE A PROBLEM
      C) NO BIG DEAL
      if you answer NO BIG DEAL you were instantly in the round file
      NOT RIGHT was accepted
      and possible problem was accepted

4. Tyrone says:

I wouldn’t even trust that weird lookin guy around the family pet!

5. Alpha Kenny Juan says:

This is an example of how stereotypes can cause problems, even positive ones; the woman who hired this guy probably thought, “He’s Asian, so he’s probably a good guy; also, maybe he’ll be able to help the boys with their homework.” I have to agree with Cindy that it’s odd for a male to be babysitting. It is a sexist statement, but if I had kids, I wouldn’t want a guy to babysit them.

6. Lyn Chang says:

This rarely happens with Asians. Asians are still the most law biding and nicest citizens in the U.S. They come here knowing how to read, write and speak English, attend the best Universities, are extremely respectful (they don’t know how to drive but they ALWAYS have full cover insurance and there is no such thing as road rage with them), their credit cards NEVER decline, they don’t show off or are concieited of the fact that many hold Masters, Doctorate’s etc the list goes on and on. I live in Arcadia so I know first had that the best neighbor is an Asian neighbor. I use to live in Walnut too…same thing. Point being, this happens once in a blue moon and most races wish they had the morals and vaules of Asians so sour grapes

1. Mike says:

Totally agree Lyn – I work at LAX Airport for a major airline and asians are a PLEASURE to do business with. When a problem comes up they don’t start yelling and whining – they communicate like humans. And since they speak to us in a nice way they get what they want. And yes, their credit cards never decline…lol. The worst people to do business with are blacks because there is always a 50/50 chance of their credit card declining and whites because they think their God and want everything on a silver platter.

2. Unhappy Roundeye says:

Are you effin kidding??? I’d say open your eyes to reality, but uh, well you get it. ALL RACES have creeps, criminals, pedophiles, etc. Ever heard of the Asian Boyz gang? Great morals there, I sure wish they were my neighbors.

7. Stephanie Smith says:

Alpha Kenny Juan: Seriously? You are probably the person who this would happen to! Have you heard of PENN STATE??

God help us all.

8. Stephanie Smith says:

Sorry my comment was for LYN CHANG not Alpha Kenny Juan

9. JS says:

Why would you hire a stranger to babysit your kids!? Did I grow up on another planet!? What? Where? I… my mind is blown.

1. dave says:

SADLY JS. most people i know who have a sitter for their child has had to hire someone OUTSIDE the family or friends simply becuase many family members will not help these days. im lucky my neice works from her home and is able to sit for my child but that is not the case for many. my issue here was not that they used a baby sitting service, it is that the service clearly does not screen tehir help well and the fact that this family choose to hire a MAN to sit for them. i know it is sexist but in all my 45 years I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD of a man being a babysitter unless the baby is his own. the problem here was bad judgement for the parents and bad business practice for the sitter service

10. Jeff says:

At least he doesn’t look creepy in his mug shot.

11. Jerry Sandusky says:

Sounds like a pretty good guy to me. I’ll friend him over on Facebook.