Attorney Areva Martin Weighs In On The Penn State Sex Scandal
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Penn State University’s board of trustees is conducting an investigation into the conduct of university personnel in response to child sex-abuse allegations against former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
The committee is examining the actions of university officials in response to allegations of sexual abuse detailed in a grand jury report released earlier this month.
The report alleges Sandusky had sexual contact with eight boys he met through the charity he founded. Much of the alleged sexual contact happened on Penn State’s campus.
Sandusky has said he is innocent.
Attorney Areva Martin stopped by KCAL9 Monday to talk about the Penn State scandal.
Martin said the outcome of this case should include criminal and civil penalties for all involved and hopefully tighter supervision and regulation of kids in sporting programs.
Tips For Parents:
- Know where your child is at and who they are with at all times
- Inquire about the level of supervision and by whom when they are not with you
- Pay close attention to your children and any warning signs
- Teach your child to protect themselves against predators and to be a self-advocate
- Encourage your child to talk with you about everything and everybody they encounter
- Complain to authorities if you have the slightest suspicion of any inappropriate conduct
To learn more about Areva Martin, click here.
For more information on Martin & Martin, LLP, click here.