Flames Erupt From Broken Gas Line In Compton

COMPTON (CBS) — Emergency crews are attempting to quench a fire stemming from a gas leak in Compton Wednesday night.

The broken gas line is located in the 1500 block of Grandee Boulevard, near the corner of 130th Street. Flames were twisting up into the air from the blaze, which remained confined to a front yard.

The fire was reported shortly after 3 p.m. but was still burning at 6:30 p.m., according to Sgt. Richard Martinez of the Compton Sheriff’s station.

Gas company workers were on the scene trying to shut off the gas, Martinez said.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live