Entertainment

Coroner Says Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol Poisoning

View Comments
Photo Galleries

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A British coroner says singer Amy Winehouse died as the unintended consequence of drinking too much alcohol.

Coroner Suzanne Greenaway gave a verdict of death by misadventure, saying Winehouse died of accidental alcohol poisoning.

The singer, who fought drug and alcohol problems for years, was found dead at her London home in July.

An autopsy was inconclusive, but found no trace of illegal drugs in her system.

Winehouse was reportedly more than five times over the legal drunk-driving limit, which is the same in the United Kingdom is as it is in the United States, when she died.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,445 other followers