16-Year-Old Drew Helen Washington Named 94th Rose Queen
PASADENA (CBS) — The 94th Rose Queen has been announced!
Tournament of Roses President Rick Jackson announced Tuesday that 16-year-old Drew Helen Washington from Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy will reign over the festivities.
Washington is one of seven young women who were chosen last week from a group of more than 900 students from schools in the San Gabriel Valley.
She and will make more than 150 community appearances and participate in the 123rd Rose Parade, as well as the Rose Bowl game.
Washington’s court includes:
- Morgan Eliza Devaud, 18, La Canada High School
- Stephanie Grace Hynes, 18, Maranatha High School
- Cynthia Megan Louie, 17, La Salle High School
- Kimberly Victoria Ostiller, 17, Flintridge Preparatory School
- Hanan Bulto Worku, 17, Pasadena High School
- Sarah Nicole Zuno, 17, Benjamin Franklin High School