Bank Ready To Foreclose On California Resident Chris Tucker’s Florida Home

MONTVERDE, Fla. (AP)  — Court records show comedian Chris Tucker is facing foreclosure on his multimillion-dollar mansion in central Florida.

Records show SunTrust Bank filed papers against the California resident with Lake County courts earlier this week.

According to documents, Tucker bought the 10,000-square-foot lakefront home for $6 million in 2007 — before the housing market crashed. The bank claims he still owes more than $4.4 million, but the county property appraiser has the home currently assessed at $1.6 million.

The Orlando Sentinel reports that the house is located in the Bella Collina development, a 1,900-acre community overlooking lakes and a championship golf course.

Calls placed by The Associated Press to Tucker’s Hollywood representatives seeking comment were not returned as of late Thursday night.

Tucker is best known for staring alongside Jackie Chan in three “Rush Hour” films. Other credits include “Friday,” “Money Talks” and “The Fifth Element.”

Comments

1. swhitS says:

The media revels in people’s misfortunes eh!

2. Rosemarie James says:

And this is news because … ?

3. Brother from another mother says:

Here we go again!

The white man keeping a brother down!

Ain’t no thing, I’ll march with the others, and hang with my brothers!

1. sam says:

What the hell are you talking about? White people are not keeping us down you dumb ass. Pay your mortgage and if you can’t afford it, then don’t buy the house.

4. mojo says:

And we are to feel sorry for him? He made millions and now can’t pay his bills. Who’s fault is that?

1. Down with Authority says:

Those racists saying this is “whitey” may leave. This is about a mediocre actor who lived vicariously and now is behind in his payments. White boy Nick Cage got the same bust. This one is not the 1% fault, it is his.

5. Taxpayer says:

Well guess it’s back to the hood, South Central , or San Bernadino.

6. ladyofthelake318 says:

I’m just curious as to why staring alongside Jackie Chan makes one famous? Starring, perhaps, but staring?

7. L.S says:

Chris, all I can say when your making big money like that, you should just buy the Damn House CASH !!! And all you would have to worry about is just paying your taxes twice a year on t hat property, if I was making big money like that off of films, I would never finance no home, I would just throw down like throwing down Dominos and pay CASH !!! and say to the Escrow Department, “HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW” !!! That’s the way to do that, same with the Lottery if I ever win a big Lottery winning you can bet I will pay cash for that house that I want to purchase, I am not going to give the bank an opportunity down the road in years to come and take my home.