STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Is your flat screen television an eye sore? If so, HGTV’s Lisa LaPorta can fix that!
LaPorta visited the KCAL 9 studios Tuesday to give viewers tips on how to decorate around their gadgets and gizmos.
– Hang a TV in the same way you would hang a piece of art: over a sideboard, dresser, or console table.
– Accessorize around the TV as though it is art. You can literally build an art frame around your TV.
– Collage around it with a collection of photos or paintings.
– Stage the cabinet beneath it with a pair of lamps or stacks of books.
– Do your best to hide away equipment remotely or in a closet. Electronic stores sell gadgets to make that possible.
– Hide cords and cables with hollow tubing or tracks that can be painted and fade into your wall color.
– Use just one universal remote.
For more tips from Lisa, visit her online.