2 Fullerton Police Officers Charged In Beating Death Of Kelly Thomas

SANTA ANA (CBS) —Two Fullerton police officers were charged Wednesday in the beating death of Kelly Thomas.

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas announced the charges Wednesday morning against Fullerton police Cpl. Jay Cicinelli, 39, and Officer Manuel Ramos, 37. Cicinelli was charged with  involuntary manslaughter and use of excessive force. Ramos, 37, was charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, according to Rackauckas.

ramos cicinelli1 2 Fullerton Police Officers Charged In Beating Death Of Kelly Thomas

Manuel Ramos (left), Jay Cicinelli (right) (credit: Orange Co. District Attorney's Office)

Both men appeared in an Orange County courtroom Wednesday after turning themselves into authorities. Cicinelli pleaded not guilty and is currently free on $25,000 bail. Ramos’ arraignment was postponed until Monday. He is being held on $1 million bail.

KNX 1070’s Jon Baird reports.

The DA’s office has been investigating whether six Fullerton police officers used excessive force when they arrested Thomas, 37, at a bus depot on July 5. All six officers have been placed on administrative leave.

According to Rackauckas, Ramos  faces up to 15 years to life in prison if convicted. Cicinelli faces up to four  years in prison. He said the charges were needed to maintain public trust in  the police department.

“We must do everything that we can to ensure that we protect this trust, including if necessary, prosecuting police officers who violate the  law,” the district attorney said.

kelly thomas 2 Fullerton Police Officers Charged In Beating Death Of Kelly Thomas

A flyer posted following the alleged assault of Kelly Thomas. (credit: CBS)

He noted that Ramos threatened Thomas during the arrest, put on latex  gloves and told the man he was going to beat him.

“By making this declaration of violence … Ramos instilled in that  victim fear, a reasonable fear for his life, that he was in danger and he was  in danger by a police officer who wanted to `f’ him up with his fists,”  Rackauckas said.

Cicinelli kneed Thomas twice in the head and used his Taser on the man  four times, according to Rackauckas, adding that the corporal also hit Thomas  in the head with the Taser.

“Screams, loud screams, didn’t help,” Rackauckas said. “Kelly Thomas  not responding when the blows to his face occurred, no help, (nor) a growing  pool of blood as Kelly Thomas became unresponsive.”

Thomas, who suffered from schizophrenia, was put on life support as a result of the beating. He died five days after his arrest.

Ramos’ attorney, John Barnett, released a statement following his client’s initial court appearance,”The prosecution’s theory is that Officer Ramos, the initial detaining officer, is responsible for the lethal force employed by responding officers. That is unprecedented in law and, in fact, it will present a sustained prolonged negative effect on public safety because peace officers in the field will be concerned about being prosecuted for murder for simply detaining a violent suspect.”

Fullerton’s police chief, Michael Sellers, was placed on paid medical leave shortly after Thomas’ death.

The FBI has opened a parallel investigation into whether the officers violated Thomas’ civil rights and Fullerton City Council members have also hired an independent investigator to do an internal review of the arrest.

Comments

1. Valley Girl says:

Let’s see how they try to blame something else for the death of the poor man.
    There is absolutely NO excuse for the police to beat a man the way they did.
    5 against 1.
    I thought they were supose to protect and serve?
    This is Murder and should be treated accordingly!

1. mike says:

Protect and serve? wrong dept stupid

1. Valley Girl says:

It says it on the car door! Idiot.

2. Christina39 says:

I guess that makes murder OK becasue Valley Girl didn’t know it didn’t say Protect and Serve. I didn’t know it didn’t say protect and service. I’m an old Valley Girl. I guess rude jerk, not only are you not a gentleman, we just don’t have your empaphy and compassion.

2. surfbum says:

No, dear. That’s the LAPD with the saying on their car, not Fullerton. Two different cities. Two different police agencies. Look at this pic of one of their cars if you don’t believe me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryan3487/3702938373/

Idiot.

1. Valley Girl says:

I hope you listened to the O.C. DA!
        He quoted my same words!
        Who is the Idiot!!

2. Ramalamma says:

Is the name calling really necessary? Can’t people have a conversation minus the negative and derogatory words???? Sheesh….

3. sansan says:

Yeah, pipe down Valley Girl!

4. greg says:

well even if it doesn’t say it on the car isn’t really their mission? It doesn’t say to mame and kill either does it? Intimidate and harass? Pullover and undress? all things they do without it painted on the car. PS I KNOW my post isn’t consistent, I wrote the 1st line and thought the rest would be fun

5. Matt Carmody says:

Two different cities. Two different police agencies. Same criminal behavior and mindset..
        Nice to see that the mayor only plans on prosecuting law-breaking cops “if necessary.” I guess if the level of outrage doesn’t reach a certain level the criminal cops will be allowed to get away with, well, murder.

3. Jim Bulbuss says:

protect and serve means that they have a shield to protect themselves while they serve up a good beating.

4. ger says:

Valley Girl, thanks, and for the rest of you, there is NO excuse for police brutality and that is just what this was. “PEACE Officers” isn’t that the correct title? Kelly Thomas may you RIP!

5. "chemtrail monster" says:

it looks to me like, the latino cop is the fall guy for all of the other cops that were involved! YES Cicinelli is getting charged, but he only faces 4years max. i think all the cops shouid get 10-25 to life! because they all participated in a action that resulted in a death! just like if 2 suspects rob a store and one of them gets killed by a cop, the other suspect is charged with the murder of his accomplice!

2. Diana Harper says:

Coming from a family that has been involved in law enforcement since I was small I can understand that sometimes force is needed in arresting someone. For your safety as well as the other persons. But, sometimes this can be carried too far. The adrenaline starts rushing and all involved want to take part. Sometimes it is better to stand back and help when things get too rough. Tell your partner to walk away and you will take over. I hope if it comes out that things were handled incorrectly all involved have to answer for their crime. Just because someone wears a badge and carries a gun does not make you innocent.

1. ts says:

and just because they wear a badge and gun doesn’t make them guilty……the public has already found them guilty,,,there is no fair trial in the OC for them.

1. jc says:

No, it makes them MORE guilty. Did the victim they brutally murdered get a fair trial?

2. joe brown says:

I respect your comments. Unfortunately, when an officer of the law puts on gloves and tells someone theyre getting a beatdown, that sounds pre-meditated to me. Then tazing a mentally disabled person in the face while beating him to death, as he screams for mercy and is shown none. It wasnt adrenaline driving these corrupt murderers, it was pure evil and hatred towards their fellow man. Animals are treated more humanely. This was a human being whos life was brutally taken by the Fullerton Police Department. What a disgusting disgrace to humanity this department is. They are no different than any other terrorists.

3. Toni says:

Mike & Kelley – you need to find new souls, yours obviously have been tampered with. Why? not enough hugs when you were little? or the bullies in school beat you up? I hope someone you care about (if you even have that ability) never has a mental illness, or goes homeless – they obviously will not get any compassion from you. And, it doesn’t appear as though you’ve been worrying about bums, so why does this bother you?

4. Melissa P says:

That is disgusting, let’s hope none of you with awful things to say about this man’s death never have a similar situation in your lives. My bet is that he was totally off his meds, though he may have been self-medicating, we won’t know until the report is made public.

5. susan says:

I agree!!! its all about money for this family now!~!!!!

6. JG says:

A coroner’s report does not blame or speculate on who caused the death. It only tells what may have caused it. Blunt trama, drugs, a taser or whatever. It does not place blame only cause. It is up to the DA department to establish that and to pursue the people resposible.

Anyone who thinks disturbing businesses or interupting life in Fullerton is an idiot who will end up in jail if they do anything which would be worse than the death itself. It was unfortunate that a small group of officers contributed to Kelly Thomas’ death, but those officers will be dealt with and will not be working in Fullerton again most likely.

Protest all you want. Be peaceful and rational. Don’t be stupid.

7. John Q. Citizen says:

Maybe she means that being involved with law enforcement means she or her family members have been arrested frequently

1. ??? says:

the “HA” was was in response to John Q Citizens comment

8. Bruce says:

Can’t wait ’till it’s your turn Mike. Wake up!

Better stay off the streets, because, bum or not, you’re not immune – even if you’re a cop yourself.

9. Ranger 3/75 says:

Why am I not surprised that it is Ramos, an affirmative action hire, who killed his guy.
    This is what happens when a LESSER qualified person is hired over a more qualified person simply because of race.

1. Ossie says:

Look around you. It happens everywhere. This country is going down the tubes, from the top down. Debt downgrade, high unemployment, debt spiraling out of control, millions on welfare, etc.

2. bugman says:

I saw first hand on that one! Vietnam vet,I tried to get into the post office for 2 years. Xmas and after Jan. for a few months.This was in the 80’s.Guess nothing has changed!!!!!!Saw my Vietnamese landlord with a full time job @ the same S.A Mailing facility and was in country a couple years.Never new it until I saw him there and asked!!!! Bought the property a year prior.Amazing country we live in!!!!

1. bugman says:

by the looks of those pics ,I would assume hood guys,but,not in uniform to help us or to protect us,sad!! RIP

2. ???? says:

A landlord works at USPS???

3. Matt Carmody says:

But I bet the Vietnamese man knows the difference between “new” and “knew” when writing. Maybe it’s the lack of proper education that kept you out of a government job. And, btw, I’m a white Vietnam vet also and I had no problems getting jobs, even as a NYC cop. Even got promoted all the way up to captain taking tests.
        Using affirmative action as an excuse for failure is a shield for stupid white people to hide their inadequacies.

4. Christina39 says:

Matt Carmody is on some kind of mind trip. I grew up in Los Angeles and know the difference between new and knew but when typing emails we are not taking a grammar test and unless he is perfect the occasional mistake occurs. , I have to go back and check my spelling. I am white and had a 4.0 grade average and could not get into nursing school. I was told they wanted a solid 70% for whatever reason. Many hospital workers were fired in the 80s and their jobs given to minorities. Now it is happening in Las Vegas. I am happy that all was so wonderful for Matt Comedy. no spelling mistake intended. I don’t feel my comment is racist because it is the truth.

3. Duh! says:

You do know that they did away with Affirmative Action?
      In my opinion, it was racist. You got hired based on skin color.

4. Christina39 says:

I would agree. I grew up in Los Angeles and found that to be the case. Now I live in Las Vegas and it is starting here.

10. Karen says:

I wanted to hear the results of the investigation and I’m listening to the news conference. I hope those police officers rot in hell.

I think the Orange County DA is top notch. He conducted a thorough investigation and the results are in.

That is called due process of law and I hope you all remember that.

11. Von S says:

These officers have now been charged with murder. San Diego police killed a mentally ill homeless man as well several years ago. He came at them with a tree branch. They shot him dead 9 times. No one went to jail. Lets see what happens in Fullerton.

1. CB says:

Hey Von, you only get to die once….idiot!

12. Gene says:

Thing is, this stuff goes on ALL the time, everywhere.

1. Thomas says:

Examples please.

1. wgaf says:

Are you serious, dumbf**k?

13. jt says:

who cares! your a idiot, do you have children this was someones son. you should be slapped.

14. John Ashton says:

My condolence to the Thomases family. The police are the number one killers of black and brown people in america. These type murders have been going on for quiet sometimes now; had this been a black or brown person this case would have been thrown out months ago. I hope people open their eyes to the unjustice that takes place in our cournty to our citizens of all colors.

1. Big B says:

Brown and Black people always cry raceism, but the fact is do you part and we will treat you like all other americans, stop sucking our country dry using our systems to benefit your families out of this country. The fact is this story no matter what race Kelly was he didnt deserve to die this way. 1 in 6 people suffer from some sort of mental issue and it is sad that our goverment doesnt step in to help.

1. OviedoS says:

Big B, don’t forget who slaved the blacks, Do not forget who expropriated natives of their land, Do not forget that Mexicans did not come to this country, this country came to them. Do not forget whom committed crimes and atrocities to other races in the name of supremacy and in the name of the Lord. Do not forget history.
        I know many cry racism when ever anything like this happens, and that is unfortunate, but this country was founded in racism and that is a fact. We are all to blame, not only whites nor minorities.

2. Sharonann says:

Having worked for the Police Dept. in Baltimore until I retired, I have to agree with some of the writers here in that black and brown folks are ALWAYS CRYING RACISM ADNAUSEUM. MOST LIE. Howev er, this guy Kelly-the way he was beaten there is simply no excuse for that. The taser shots alone rendered him defenseless. This was a killing, pure and simple. And Mr. Ashton,less you feel that I am a bigot for what I jjust wrote, let me be clear -when that poor black man was dragged to his death wherein he was decapitated; no one yelled louder than I did for everyone involved to get the DEATH PENALTY. I was glad to hear that one of these killers did in fact, die by lethal injection.

15. ??????? says:

Mike…The moron WGAF is trying to set us up together!…Is this a Matchmaking site now?????

1. wgaf says:

???????
      That must mean you’ll not be going to a rally any time soon, PUS$Y dumbf**k.

16. shirley says:

Isn’t it a crime for the other officers who watched the guy being murdered? What will they be charged? Nothing you say? hmmmmmmmmm

1. jk says:

The FBI will be charging them with violating Kelly’s civil rights as well.

1. Dufus says:

Yes, the officers interfered with his right to burglarize parked cars.

2. Sharonann says:

Yes, Shirley I agree with that. Even if the 4 weren’t directly involved in the fatal beating, they still should be harshly reprimanded as there was no excuse for them just looking the other way. That was despicable.

17. Ossie says:

Not the first time something like this has happened. Years ago, I observed two large tall Latino Santa Monica Place guards kicking a scrawny spastic white male at the bottom of a parking structure stairwell. I called the police, but never heard what happened. Bullies love to pick on the weak and compromised.

In junior high, as I was exiting the gate, this Latino grabbed me around the neck with his elbow. I bit his hairy arm, stomped on his foot, and elbowed his stomach and he let go and I ran off.

So when I say “f*ck amnesty” and plan NOT to vote for Obama next year because he gave $11 million to National Council of La Raza, you know why.

I hope the Aryan prison gangs target Ramos, and that red-bearded bozo provides many hours of pleasure for his cellmate.

18. Hardmoney says:

Did the DA just taint all the ‘Evidence’ he just discussed at his press conference? I thought the details were supposed to come out during court testamony. Did he just give the two cops a way out? The D..umb A..ss knows better than open his mouth and give out the ‘ Details’ ! !

1. gmoney says:

my thoughts exactly, way to many details will allow the defense to destroy the case

1. Hardmoney says:

The DA even brought latex gloves and taser gun to use as ‘Props’ for visual effect. I bet cops attorney’s can not believe the ‘Get out of Jail Free’ card the DA himself just gave them. Can’t put this blunder on some Junior DA.

2. el chota says:

This a set up the DA made so once trial begins and all evidence is presented the officer will be acquitted.

1. Thomas says:

This is no different that what is done in other high profile cases. This is all evidence the DA has to let the other side know about anyways. I don’t see anything wrong in what he did. He didn’t bring the actual evidence out. He brought out props to demonstrate what he believes was done.

2. jake says:

19. Ript says:

LOL, No more Chipotle for these officers!

20. John says:

All officers involved should face murder charges. If 6 black or brown men are accused of robbing a store you dont charge only the one that stole the goods you send all of them to prison right. The same rule apply here don’t just accuse the minority cops.

1. Big B says:

This has nothing to do with race, move on or go back to your own country!!!

21. This is why we have due process says:

Wow. I hope you understand that needless name-calling clearly demonstrates your inability to form a compelling argument or an intelligent response.

1. wgaf says:

This is why we have due process

If you’re replying to me, what position you’re taking and defending, dumbf**k moron. Or, are you here just to run your mouth about me, puS$y aS$wipe?

22. EverydayGuy says:

let’s hope the family does not sue as they are not entitled to money. If they cared so much, this guy wouldn’t have been on the street.

1. Christina39 says:

You are obviously a psychiatrist and an expert in schizophrenia. Actually idiot, he would not be on the street if it wasn’t for Ronald Reagan or are you too young to know this, if so, read history.

23. Ursa65 says:

@wgaf

I agree this needs to be thoroughly investigated and if there is any wrongdoing, those involved must be punished. But to jump to any conclusions and assume these police officers are guilty is preposterous. This country has due process for a reason and justice will be served.

Kelly Thomas was a public nuisance to say the least. It has already come out that his family had a restraining order against him for attempting to choke out his own father. That doesn’t warrant a fatal beating, but this man clearly wasn’t your average contributor to society.

1. keith says:

You are delusional my friend. They are guilty. In the eyes of the law you are guilty until proven innocent.

24. Vinny says:

You think once u’ve gotten out of jr high or high school, the bullying would stop. It seems these bullies became cops.

25. chas says:

I feel sorry for the victom but that said. The cops mess up big time they did this to a white man.Brutality by cops happens all the time to black and brown people.I am so glad that this victom was Euro American know we can see a family get justice.God bless the victom

1. American says:

You gotta be kidding? First off, we don’t feel the need to hyphenate. White people living in this country are AMERICANS, not Euro-Americans. Minorities seem to want to retain their country of origin in their title. Secondly, cops are ALWAYS being accused of brutality against “black and brown” people. Yet it’s almost always those same blacks and browns who kill or shoot cops. Get over yourself and maybe go to school. You obviously missed a day or two.

2. chas says:

I dont know what I say. I drunk. God bless the victom

26. Karen says:

Diana has a reasonable viewpoint and wgaf can not speak in English, only swear words. Come back when you have something intelligent to add wgaf.

1. wgaf says:

KAREN
      I see you’re here to add your name to the “DUMBF**K LIST,” on this thread too. That’s all you add. Now tell everyone why you have the need to answer when I address others, it only reinforces the fact you and they are puS$ies.

2. Astonished says:

He can’t. This is all there is, and it probably took him all day to formula the sentences as he recorded them.

1. wgaf says:

ASTONISHED
        You’re trying to say something, but everyone already know you’re a puS$y dumbf**k. Probably what’s attached to the balls up your ass doing all your posting.

3. NewUpYurs says:

UPPP Yourss

Haaaaaaaaaaa

1. wgaf says:

NewUpYurs

Four in the morning, your daddy must have just pulled out of your ass. dumbf**k.

2. NewUp Yurs says:

UPPP Yourss

3. wgaf says:

Five now, looks like he’s giving it you longer, puS$y dumbf**k

27. ransomlb says:

I am sure he was. But one thing for sure is, the majority of Flat Foots, aka police officers, are the bullies in school you hated.

28. rudy says:

Wow, being a true racist is easy for some people who hide behind a keyboard. This case is simply one man who murdered another. Yes Ramos deserves to be incarcerated for his actions. And yes if there was not such an outpouring of people for this mentally ill young man by predominantly white people this would have been whitewashed…no pun intended.

1. chondo says:

Did you take a sensus? YOU are the racist, sir.

1. rudy says:

Youre right chondo, Im sorry honey. Im a moron.

29. George says:

They should charge both of this pigs with murder not only officer Ramos. Jay Cicinelli did most of the damage on Kelly Thomas face. Cicinelli is just been a lucky cop. Hopefully they turn this around during trial and charge him with muder to.

30. greg says:

Other perspectives are always good for the dialogue, yours as well. I take what you say as truth and do agree with you, as a parent if my kid is doing what this one did AND he is a danger to others or himself I get him locked up in a care facility, it is MY responsibility as a parent not the publics responsibility to babysit and feed my ill child. The blame can be spread to all involved, I do NOT think the family should get $$$, if $$$ is paid it should go to fund programs to help people like this, not pay for mom / dad to live better. Nobody wins

31. Tom says:

So if I am killing some guy in the street and I call over 3 people and convince them to help me kill the person, I am the only one guilty of killing the person?

NOPE – Each officer present is WHAT THEY would call complicit or an accessory to murder.

You knew this would end with a slap on the wrist from the beginning because again if you or I killed someone they would not take 2 months to charge you or me with all this clear evidence…you or I would be charged within days of the murder…

This is a miscarriage of justice and all we can hope is that these 2 officers do end up in a legit jail and encounter justice there by being brutally beaten as frequently as possible by inmates…

1. wgaf says:

Yeah, when the DA and whiny overpaid cops talk about perps and gang bangers it’s guilt by association, guess it’s different for aS$wipe moron cops. Not to worry though, given the amount of stupid expensive laws (three strikes for one) needed to cover up for whiny overpaid incompetent aS$wipe cops and voted for by the puS$Y majority of citizens that can’t grow a pair and always need a cop to save them, the jury will give the aS$wipe cops a pass.

32. John says:

Small b, your political leaders are sucking this country dry; not the black and brown people. We are the tax payers and the workers that are discriminated against and murdered by thug cops and denied good jobs that we deserve, and work hard for,while misfits like yourself reap the benefits.

33. Jeff says:

Hey Manuel Ramos looks it’s a good time to take that trip back to Mexico.

34. Karen says:

Mr. Thomas – please be quiet. Every time you open your mouth, it is clear that you are a bully and that is definitely not helping your son. I think you have a serious attitude problem. Let the DA do his job. Your job is to keep your mouth shut because every time you open it, you sound like a thug. I have not forgotten your baseball bat threat.

1. wgaf says:

KAREN
      There you go with the baseball bat cr@p that you never posted a picture of him holding. It’s no wonder most everyone agrees you’re a dumbf**k, but at least you turned off the caps lock, aS$wipe.

35. Tim Villa says:

I’ve heard doctors kill thousands more people in the US than the police do. Why don’t we even hear about that.Tragedy this guy died but why wasnt he in a conservatership and taken care of by HIS family? might of prevented his demise

1. wgaf says:

TIM VILLA
      Jeezeus, what whiny overpaid as$wipe moron cop did you just crawl out from under, dumbf**k?

1. Tim Villa says:

I know wgaf..that was really ignorant of me to say. Please forgive me honey.

2. Tim Villa says:

Sorry, that was a stupid thing to say. Im an idiot.

36. George says:

This is just a dog & pony show to calm the people of Fullerton down. When everything is said and done these cops are going to walk away with the blessing of there fellow officers for showing once again that “It’s not a crime if you’re a cop”.

37. Astonished says:

It’s really too bad you didn’t learn manners, or the ability to speak without resorting to name calling and explicatives. It must be really tough for you to form coherent senteces that don’t have swear words in them, huh.

Yep, like I said, you are a troglodyte, 100%.

Too bad, so sad. . .

1. wgaf says:

ASTONISHED
      Yet, you understood enough to run your puS$y mouth thinking you have something intelligent to say. Too bad it’s always been the balls up your ass doing all the talking, puS$y dumbf**k

1. Astonished says:

Yes, I’m afraid that my evolved forward thinking brain was able to decipher your pathetic retoric, such as it is.

2. wgaf says:

ASTONISHED
        Very doubtful as no one here says you got your head out of your ass, and you’re still a puS$y dumbf**k. Probably what’s attached to the balls up your ass doing all your posting.

3. wgaf says:

ASTONISHED
        Very doubtful as no one here says you got your head out of your ass, and you’re still a puS$y dumbf**k loser. Probably what’s attached to the balls up your ass doing all your posting.

38. Laura says:

Blaming Kelly for his own demise is just stupid, this could leave any one open to the same treatment – “Oh he/she resisted and bit me so I have a right to be judge and jury” The other 4 cops need to be prosecuted for not stopping it.

39. wgaf says:

EXPAT
    So what you’re saying is that you were and are a whiny overpaid incompetent aS$wipe. Hopefully you’re name means your living in Mexico with other puS$y dumbf**k morons which you proved yourself to be with your final statement, “I heard from an officer ….”

40. wgaf says:

DH

41. ??? says:

thank god these 2 thugs will be off the force. The family did a great job keeping this sad story in the news. Those bad cops won’t be able to do that to any more citizens. I’m sure they were aggresive with others, in the past, but it just didn’t get reported. In America we don’t beat our citizens to death out on the street while “questioning” them. Happy for todays DA announcment for the victims father. Not all cops are bad, but hopefully this serves as a warning to all police.

42. wgaf says:

What happened to “EXPAT’s” post? Did someone realize that 99.99% any aS$wipe that begins a post with “I am/was a cop …,” they’re some dumbf**k blowing smoke out of their ass and report him/her?

43. wgaf says:

ASTONISHED
    After supporting the child molester in this other story you got nothing and are worth nothing, puS$Y dumbf**k loser.

44. Clifford says:

Sadly, this is the tip of the iceburg. One of the things cops always say is, ‘we caught you for this one, which means you probably got away with it fifty time before.’ It’s their own, in-house distorted logic. Okay, then. It applies here. I can only wonder how often The Fullerton PD has gotten away with this type of thing before. This is why cops HATE cell phones with cameras. And, come on, let’s face it, it’s not just the Fullerton cops, it’s everywhere. Power corruputs and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Without a cell phone with a camera, while on the street, a police officer has absolute power. And this is what happens.

45. Burl says:

Can’t wait for Ramos and the other dope to receive their prison “justice.” There is gonna be a beat down on the Mexican and a glory holin’ on the white cop.

1. Mark Matis says:

You know very well that NEITHER of them will get ANY jail time for this murder.

46. Cyberfreak says:

It’s just burn me up, that they call those two , police officers. The are not “Police” and not “Officers” They are thugs in the best nazi fashion. I bet the police culture will come into action. Circle the wagons, invoke the omerta and justify their brutal actions

47. Mark Matis says:

Two questions:

1. What about the OTHER 4 fine members of Fullerton “Law Enforcement” who watched Officer Ramos beat Mr. Thomas to death and did nothing? If they had been Mere Citizens, they, along with Officer Cicinelli, would have been charged with 2nd degree murder along with Officer Ramos. Why not here?

2. Will the DA actually bother to prosecute this swill? Or will he pull the standard done by so many OTHER prosecutors when the perpetrator is “Law Enforcement” and act as defense counsel instead of prosecuting? After all, Mr. Thomas was not one of His People, so he KNOWS the DOJ isn’t about to do anything.

The stench is STILL overwhelming.

1. Mike says:

You’re right, the stench is overwhelming, and the the majority of that stench is coming out of your mouth.

48. Cyberfreak says:

That Manuel Ramos lokss 100% like the enforcer for the “Mexican Mafia” I just hope that in prison, they will give him a reem job on his fat ass

1. Mike says:

Could not agree more……..

1. Mike says:

No, actually I now disagree.

49. Alpha Kenny Juan says:

Wait, I have a question. If that Latino cop goes to jail, does that mean he won’t be appearing on the Jimmy Kimmel show anymore?

50. Robert S. says:

The big fat cop looks like he is “pure devil”, or Dioblo. Bet he has been a Bully” all the time he was on the force. This is the kind of person you don’t want as a cop. Reminds me of the cop on nite patrol in Canton Ohio. He was pure Devil if anyone ever was. How these aminals get jobs as police, I will never know. They are trying to intimidate the general public, instead of protecting and serving their community. God help those that can’t defend themselves.

51. Patrony says:

This is almost exactly what happened to Craig Prescott except, Craig Prescott was already in the custody of the sheriff of Stanislaus County. Craig Prescott was mentally ill and was tasered, water balled and crushed to death by eight deputies while in his cell.

52. Josh Winn says:

Put all 6 of those criminals behind bars where they belong. This state police department need to be investigated by the attorney generals office. I have never seen so much corruption; this country is a very violent place.

53. Jeff says:

what are there kids going to say when the teacher asks the class:
    “What does your dad do for a living?”

54. Jake says:

Has anyone checked the defense lawyers prior cases. all aquittals for law enforcement officers involved in rape, child molestation, murder etc. He is the one that is probably sicker then the rest. How can he sleep at night knowing he has released these people back on the streets. i hope this case will be his first loss. These type of criminals hiding behind a badge need to be stopped.

55. Jake says:

Has anyone checked the defense lawyers prior cases. all aquittals for law enforcement officers involved in rape, child molestation, murder etc. He is the one that is probably sicker then the rest. How can he sleep at night knowing he has released these people back on the streets. i hope this case will be his first loss. These criminals hiding behind a badge need to be stopped.

56. alter says:

There is an idiot crank calling cell phones with threatening rants. He said he was going to kill my family and myself and used words like esso, f.u. etc. Beware of this #
    323-407-4971

57. klbhen says:

Affirmative action, ounce again, raises it’s UGLY head………

58. Igor Doublebubblevich. says:

The thought of cops having Qualified Immunity, code of silence and falsifying reports is coming to an end, when one cop dies, 10.000 cops attend the funeral at taxpayers expense, a brotherly love fraternity.

1. Mike says:

That made absolutely no sense.

59. Robert S. says:

suspension with pay????You got to be kidding! They all should be in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives!

60. Citizen Cane says:

What cowards these “men” are. They are common murderers who belong locked up in general population with other murderers. Could you just imagine your mentally disabled kid screaming for you while these abusive, low life animals are murdering him? I pray they recieve the same treatment before rotting in hell for an eternity. These are not police officers, these are evil murderers.

61. Jim says:

I cant wait to hear when Ramos has his stupid, fat ass beaten down proper. A true pig.

62. oldschoolmusic says:

Kelly Thomas may you rest in peace. Justice will be served.

63. oldschoolmusic says:

May you rest in peace Kelly Thomas. Justice will be served.

64. tom says:

never trust kaw enforcement their the REAL crooks

65. j says:

Corrupt DEA where stealing drugs from evidence vaults and reselling them to cover extensive credit card debt.
    They also are creating suspects by planting evidence just so that they can steal from them.
    Given the choice of suspension or dealing with their debt most DEA are thinking outside the box.

66. l says:

67. No Justice says:

the two animals beat this poor man to death with their power as police—pure human trash.

68. John Bull says:

Geee…I had no idea that police beat white people to death in America. Over here in Europe, we were taught that they are only allowed to do that to black people. Wow, is this an example of ‘equal opportunity’ beating to death?

69. landofthefree says:

John Bull…you are right..over here in the great USA, the police are only allowed to beat black people to death..This is an oversight…….the normal pattern will return soon. Keep watching the news.

70. Malik King,RN says:

My condolences to the Thomas family. I am truly sorry for your lost, for I was almost murdered in the same fashion, in the same Orange County.

On March 9, 2011 several Police brutally ordered a K-9 to attack an unarmed, California Registered (RN). The California Highway Patrol (CHP) in Orange County then attempted to cover up the incident.

Malik King, a reportedly Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) since nineteen and RN since twenty three, is said to have initially attempted to steal a car. Later, it was found he was the owner of that Mercedes. What ensued next on the part of several officers goes well beyond the bounds of simply trying to subdue their suspect.

The several police officers ordered a police K-9 to attack him while he was still fastened in his seat-belt; tasered multiple times while the K-9 attacked for over one minute and thirty seconds, then hand cuffed, slammed to the concrete, hog tied, beat and kicked in the head until unconscious. He was then taken to jail, accused of multiple felonies, and had to pay $50,000 for bail.

Despite witnesses and the clear brutality of the beating, kicking, tasering, and ordered K-9 attack, California Highway Patrol allowed several officers to remain active and attempted a cover-up.
    Violations of federal law occur when it can be shown that the force used was willfully “unreasonable” or “excessive”. By signing this petition you agree that “unreasonable” or “excessive force” was used on Malik A. King on March 9, 2011 in Orange County, California.

The beating of Mr. King is sickening and disturbing. The police involved in the beating and cover up must be brought to justice. Tell Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas to thoroughly investigate and prosecute the officers involved in the brutality of Malik A. King,LVN,RN.

71. Nyugdíj 2012 - Özvegyi nyugdíj 2012, öregségi nyugdíj, rokkantnyugdíj says:

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue along with your web site in internet explorer, could check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a big section of folks will pass over your magnificent writing due to this problem.