Skateboarder, 13, Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident In Rialto

RIALTO, Calif. (CBS) — A 13-year-old boy was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver Sunday night in Rialto.

Jonathan Olagues was riding a skateboard eastbound in the 400-block of Home Street in Rialto when he was struck by a vehicle.

Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

Authorities are urging anyone with information about the incident to contact Rialto police.

Comments

1. Not says:

R.I.P. young man. Condolences to the family.

I hope they catch this lowlife and throw away the key.

2. RGS says:

It’s always horrible to have a young life end. And I hope they catch the jerk and deal harshly with him. However, what is in these youngsters minds when they are skateboarding in the middle of the street? They think they are invincible…I hope that something will come of this tragedy…if only ONE of his friends think twice now…he will have save a life.

3. Errk2G says:

It didn’t say where he was riding when he got hit. He was probobly crossing an intersection.

4. jayjay says:

myyy friennndd:( i cntt belivee thiss acuallyy happendd iremeberr thee lastt timm i tlkeddd 2 himm hee hadd a smilee onn hiss faceee:'( wee will miss yhuu:*(

5. Stephanie says:

He was riding down my street. I called 911 and was along side his body when paramedics arrived. It is a residential street. Cars speed down this street all the time like it is the freeway. My prayers are with the family.

6. itsashley says:

its soo sad how you died R.I.P all yur friends and family LOVE you😦

7. nicholas says:

Johnathan we will all miss u from Frisbe middle school it wont be the same with out u bro

8. marina gonzales says:

that was my cousin and he was only 13 and therefore couldnt drive.you must be a very miserable person to say that about someone you dont even know. he was a kid not glued to a video game or a couch and was not wrong for that. i will pray for you and may god bless you with a heart someday

9. rich says:

maria in case no one told you riding a skate board in the street is against the law with out the right gear HELEMT AND PADS i don’t excuse the driver at all but your cousin should not have been in the street

1. Go away says:

Rich, just shut up already

10. erick says:

rest in peace jonathan we will miss u at frisbie middle skool especially ur teachers god take him with u take lotz of care of him r.i.p we will miss u😥

11. BENAVIDES says:

my blessing to the family but my heart to his mom,I went through a lost and it’s painful.Just remember that his body is gone because GOD need him but his spirit will always be with U.