Man Found Stabbed To Death Inside Apartment Near Beverly Center

UPDATE (11:00 p.m.): Police have few leads and no suspect. Neighbors tell CBS2’s Suraya Fadel they heard nothing suspicious.

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A man in his 50s has been found stabbed to death inside his apartment, walking distance to the Beverly Center.

The discovery was made by police about 11:30 p.m. Saturday, said Officer Cleon Joseph of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Media Relations Section.

Police were sent to the victim’s apartment in the 400 block of South Le Doux Road after co-workers reported him missing.

Police said the man was stabbed multiple times.

Neighbors told CBS2’s Suraya Fadel the man was relatively new to the building. One neighbor told her, “he has been here like a year and a half.”

She was also told the victim was a server at Jerry’s Famous Deli in Marina Del Rey.

Comments

1. Kenneth Howell says:

Does chief Beck have an Alibi?

2. anon anon says:

“Neighbors told CBS2′s Suraya Fadel the man was relatively new to the building. One neighbor told her, “he has been here like a year and a half.”

is living 1 and a half years in the building RELATIVELY new??? he probably already renewed his lease and the guy says hes relatively new hahahah……….. ppl r idiots sometime

3. Will Campbell says:

Saying the killing took place “near” Cedars Sinai or the Beverly Center is lazy reporting. You might as well say it took place near LACMA or the La Brea Tar Pits, since that’s also about a mile away from the murder scene. If CBS2 wanted to be accurate AND sensationalistic they should’ve located the murder as “just outside Beverly Hills,” which it is by two blocks. That would draw readers like moths to a light bulb.

4. LA-Hullywood says:

Usually crime reports (especially murders) are linked to neighborhood names to highlight crime patterns. So linking this to “Beverly Hills” is way off base. The Beverly Center is the main landmark for this neighborhood. 50’s is to young to go. Hope LAPD can solve this.

1. Emily Lybolt says:

2. Kim says:

LAPD says they’ve found the person who did it

5. Marco says:

A server makes that kinda money?

1. Emily Lybolt says:

Yes they can,he was my uncle and he was a great man and he made alot of tips.

6. Emily Lybolt says:

Umm people do care and he was my uncle and im sorry if u feel that way, if you die and someone says that to you how would u feel!!!!!!!!!! JERK

1. Nikol Conant says:

he was my coworker and one of my dear friends
      Tom u will be missed and never forgotten

2. PETER S. says:

TOM, I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT CHECKING UP ON YOU SOONER, MAYBE WE COULD HAVE FOUND YOU ALIVE, I’M ASHAMED TO CALL MYSELF YOUR FRIEND, I’M SURE THAT YOU ARE IN A BETTER PLACE NOW . PLEASE FORGIVE US. WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU. LOTS OF LOVE FROM ALL YOUR CO WORKERS.

7. Lakergirl says:

I live three blocks from the scene of the crime..I am really surprised an act of violence like this would happen in that area..its very safe..I am so sorry for the victim and the victims family..I hope that the police are able to solve this crime soon.
    Oh and the area is not known as “Beverly Grove” as I saw on the bottom of the screen last night, its “Beverly Hills Adj” that is what we call that area around here..its not Beverly Hills and its not West Hollywood, its on the border of Beverly Hills so that is what we call it. My condolences to the family of the victim

8. PETER S. says:

LAPD HAS MADE AN ARREST IN THE CASE, THANK YOU DETECTIVES.

1. James says:

Peter, Do you have any details? We have not seen anything on the news yet.

9. Skye Gutekunst says:

Thank you to all who sent their condolences to the family throughout this thread of comments. My uncle Tommy was indeed a very special person and he is missed so dearly by all of us. Thank God they found the person who did this. Now let us pray that he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. May justice prevail.

10. SkYe Gutekunst says:

P.s . As Peter stated above, THANK YOU DETECTIVES!!!!!

11. Jim Jenkins says:

Emily and Skye my thoughts are with you. Tom will be missed so much. I just found out from Mark last night. May he rest in peace.

12. Nikol Conant says:

hey tom i thought of u today i miss u soooo much, i just wish this was a bad dream and u were back at work with me, i love u dear frriend and miss u oh so terribly, i still have messages of u on my phone, i chuckle at work when i think of all the fun i had with u, to ur family i vow my friendship xoxo see u in the future my friend

13. SkYe Gutekunst says:

Leanne M, Gutekunst I LOVE YOU DEAR BROTHER! MERRY CHRISTMAS!