Ed O’Neill Receives Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame

HOLLYWOOD (CBS) — Ed O’Neill received the 2,446th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Tuesday, honoring a career highlighted by his portrayal of harried shoe salesman Al Bundy on the Fox comedy “Married… With Children.”

Katey Sagal, who portrayed his obnoxious wife, Peg, on “Married… With Children,” and Sofia Vergara, who portrays his wife, Gloria, on his current series, the ABC comedy “Modern Family,” were on hand for the late-morning ceremony, along with “Modern Family” co-creator and executive producer Steve Levitan.

In tribute to his “Married… With Children” character, the ceremony was held in front of the DSW Shoe Warehouse at 7021 Hollywood Blvd.

Born April 12, 1946, in Youngstown, Ohio, O’Neill played football at Youngstown State University. After being cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers during their 1969 training camp, O’Neill returned to Youngstown State and was one of the first students in its theater program.

O’Neill’s other television credits include starring roles in the 2003 remake of “Dragnet” and the 2001 police drama “Big Apple.” He was a cast member of the short-lived 2007 HBO series “John from Cincinnati” and appeared on episodes of “The West Wing” and “Miami Vice.”

O’Neill’s movie credits include “The Bone Collector,” “Little Giants,” “Dutch,” “Wayne’s World” and its sequel, “Wayne’s World 2”; “Blue Chips”; and “The Dogs of War.”

Comments

1. Al says:

Bundy’s the name heros the game.
    Let’s Rock

2. theoutcaste says:

And he’s a black belt in Brazillian jiu jitsu…keep on rollin’, Ed!

3. Andrew McClellan says:

No Ma’m

4. white says:

Congrats, your the best.

5. Oscar Mejia says:

This man deserves a star on Hollywood. He was an awesome man in Married with children. Al Bundy is the BEST. LOL!

6. Reverend Al says:

Woahhhhhhh Bundy!

1. DD says:

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

7. MICHAEL ZURCHER says:

THANK YOU ED , I HAVE BEEN ENTERTAINED BY YOU MANY TIMES , I LOVE THE CHARACTERS YOU HAVE PLAYED IN ,, ESPECIALY DUTCH AND AL BUNDY ,, YOU ABSOLUTELY ROCK THE CHARACTERS WRITTEN FOR YOU ,, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK , THANK YOU

8. Al Bundy says:

Hey, Marcy, what’s holding the towel up?

9. Robby Cruz says:

BUNDY BUNDY BUNDY BUNDY BUNDY BUNDY BUNDY…..Mr. Ed O’ Neill and I DO mean MISTER Ed O’ Neill….I want to say congratulations for receiving your long deserved recognition that you so truly deserve and your place among the elite on the Hollywoord Walk Of Fame. And thanks for all the great years on tv and film. I personally want to thank you again for had it not been for Al Bundy and Married With Children, my life would have gone in a completely different direction.You taught me to stand up for myself and for what I believe in even if it meant getting my ass kicked, and believe me I have many times. But knowing that I did that and went the distance and didn’t give up has earned me respect and many friends. May you recieve even more respect tenfold Ed. Thank you.

10. seth says:

congratulations mr. o’neill – well deserved and about time🙂

i grew up watching MWC have all the seasons on DVD

that is when tv was worth watching, compared to the garbage that is on now (snooki, kardashians…)

11. KEVIN says:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE REALISTIC TV DAD AL BUNDY

12. George Eells says:

Mr. Ed O’ Neil. your portrayal of Al Bundy was excellent. I laughed when it was live and in reruns I still crack up laughing and an occassional tear in my eye when something that is true came in. You had the best cast I believe could have beed picked. I enjoy Modern Family as well. God Bless!!!!

13. Robert G says:

Good to see BUNDY finally get his. Every dog has it’s day. Congratulations! You were the greatest inspiration to young men in the 90s ,like myself, to NEVER give up and NEVER stop trying to achieve our mission/goals. I, too, am a little like BUNDY with my get-rich-quick schemes (LoL). In reality, thats what life is all about. And if it took Mr. O’Neill this long to achieve his goal…then it was all worth it. Congratulations once again, YOU DID IT!!!!!

14. al says:

Congratulations.

15. Emmie says:

Bout Time!!!!!!! Luv him..

16. k says:

Hope he’s got a spot for that long overdue emmy.