Arraignment Postponed For Mother Accused Of Throwing Baby From Parking Structure

SANTA ANA (CBS) — A La Habra mother was in court Monday to face murder charges for allegedly throwing her 7-month-old baby from a high-rise parking structure.

KNX 1070’s Ron Kilgore Reports

Sonia Hermosillo, 31, was deemed mentally unfit to attend her arraignment last week. On Monday she appeared in court in a wheelchair, with her hands cuffed. Her arraignment was postponed to Sept. 30.

Hermosillo is accused of intentionally throwing her son off a four-story parking structure at Children’s Hospital Orange County. In addition to murder, she has been charged with assault on a child with force likely to produce great bodily injury resulting in death.

Hermosillo’s husband says she was suffering from postpartum depression.

The couple have two other children.

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Bob Thornton says:

Let’s throw her off the same structure and be done with that b$$$h!!

2. PT says:

She was before a judge in June who released her. Let’s throw that judge off the parking structure with her.

3. FAITH says:

I hope she doesn’t get away with this with an insanity plea. Tired of these mothers getting away with killing their babies!!!!

4. JebbieBush says:

La Razza strikes again.

Gee, how ’bout them Amish family values?

5. reyrey says:

I agree to many mothers getting away with this stuff what happens in the future when she gets tired of the two other kids, bring back old values you kill someone then you die if we did that our budget would be better to cause we wouldn’t have to house or feed these type of people I vote on the chair, injection, and all those other ways to get rid of unworthy people that don’t deserve to live.

6. pancho villa says:

what a horrible thing to do , fry her

7. FAITH says:

If she gets away with this, I have a feeling citizens cause an outrage and I’ll be right there with them. She should get a maximum sentence of life or death penalty.

8. FIX THE PROBLEM DONT MAKE IT WORSE says:

Postpartum deppersion is such a terrible illness, especially after having a baby, thats suppose to be the happiest moment of your life… I had gotten it when I had my 3rd son, but NEVER did I think of killing my baby… This lady does need to have justice crack down on her & hard!!! There is no excuse for Killing a baby!!!!

9. Pat Robertson says:

I like to make poopy in my pants.