Keep Your Kids Organized Throughout The School Year
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — Professional organizer Tracy McCubbin visited KCAL9 Thursday to share back-to-school organizational tips for parents.
TIPS TO GET ORGANIZED BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS:
1. Toss the trash – Grab the recycling bin and toss in all the notices and calendars from the previous year. There is no reason you need to hang on to a piece of paper that alerted you to an early dismissal last year.
2. Pick a favorite – Gather up all those old tests, projects and reports, pull out one or two that really stand out and recycle the rest. Hanging on to a few samples is fine, keeping every assignment is extreme.
3. Give it a home – Whether it is a 3-year-old’s turkey hand drawing or a 7th-grader’s 3-D design, don’t just stuff it back in a drawer give it a home. Binders are great for keeping projects preserved and decorative boxes or file folders are great ways to store those special art projects.
TIPS TO STAY ORGANIZED DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR:
1. Create a system. Use files, folders or an inbox for current homework, artwork or notices.
2. Purge as you go. Use the quarterly report cards as a reminder to clean out those folders.
3. Give it a home. The key to getting and staying organized is to create a place for everything and put everything in its place.
For more information, visit dclutterfly.com.