Air Ambulance Lands On 605 Freeway After 2 Trapped In Overturned Truck

IRWINDALE (CBS) — An air ambulance landed on the northbound San Gabriel (605) Freeway Monday to help two people trapped in an overturned pickup truck, CHP Officer Krystal Carter reported.

The vehicle rolled over on the 605 Freeway near Arrow Highway, in Irwindale, shortly before 4 p.m. Monday, Carter said.

A small brush fire was burning alongside the freeway.

Comments

1. PeteM says:

Looks as though it landed alongside the fwy, NOT on it.

2. Ray says:

Is this news? One time going to Vegas they actually landed 3 of them on the 15 near Yermo.

3. PeteM says:

I should have real;ised, it was CBS news!

4. frank says:

it was really weird..I passed it on my way home and it looked like the truck somehow flipped over a fence and landed upside down on the bike trail ???

5. Laura says:

I passed this on my way home from work. It was clear the truck overturned on the bike trail at the Santa Fe Dam, not on the freeway as reported. A crane was used to lift the big pick up truck. There were at least 20 firefighters on scene. It was scene I won’t forget. I’m still trying to figure out how in the world the truck flipped over on the bike trail by the dam. Traffic was backed up on the 605 in both directions.

6. Sue says:

I passed by seconds after, seeing people pull to the side of the frwy, the truck was turned upside down on the rocks next to the frwy with the fence completely opened by the force of the vehicle, all you could see was a man struggling to get out with his arm moving around. All I could think is why is nobody trying to help him and it was around 92 deg. out, how terrible for these people trapped.