‘Bubba’ Smith Found Dead In Baldwin Hills Home

BALDWIN HILLS (CBS) — Former NFL player and actor Charles Aaron “Bubba” Smith has been found dead at
his home in the Baldwin Hills area, according to the coroner’s office.

Smith, 66, won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Colts in 1970, and later played with the Oakland Raiders and Houston Oilers.

He portrayed police recruit Moses Hightower in the “Police Academy” film series.

Smith’s body was found just before 1 p.m. at his home in the 5100 block of Sunlight Place in Baldwin Hills, according to Los Angeles police. Smith is believed to have died of natural causes, although the coroner’s office had not yet made a final determination.

Comments

1. Theodore J. Smith III says:

May his soul rest in peace with Our Lord Jesus Christ.

2. nickel says:

Rest in Peace Bubba. Pat Nixon will great you in heaven, man.

3. Buck O'Fama says:

Bubba was great on the field and on the screen.

Hey Nickel. sure you don’t want him grated in heaven?
    Looks like you got a nickels worth of spelling skills when you needed fitty cens.

1. Al Wood says:

Why do you find it necessary to try and humiliate someone for a spelling mistake? Maybe you should grow up!

2. Brad Stemple says:

How about greeted in Heanen Buck.

4. BRAD STEMPLE says:

How about Greeted in Heaven, See any of us can make a spelling mistake but I just happen to catch mine. IT happens to us all . Dont pay any attention Nickel If they can dish it out should be able to take it

5. A FRIEND says:

MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.. REST IN PEACE, BIG BUBBA…

6. shotbus says:

It’s all Bush’s fault. RIP Bubba.

7. dfdfd says:

It’s really all Obama’s fault. RIP Bubba

8. tiger22 says:

May he rest in Peace…

9. Lawone says:

@noneoff may I ask why your making this comment? What does it mean? It really seams that you didn’t think that this man is beloved in our community, and he has children reading this statement, PLEASE don’t make these statements as they are heartless, and you could have kept this in your family. THANKS!!!!!!!

10. Lawone says:

Mr.Bubba Smith, OH GOD WE LOVE YOU and your WHOLE FAMILY, you’ve given us soooomuch joy as did the producers of Police Academy series along whit everything else you’ve accomplished, We LOVE my man, GOD BLESS.

11. DJ says:

Bubba was a good guy. I will miss you, big fella. I hope you are now happy in a great place.

12. John in Baltimore says:

I wore his Baltimore Colts number, 78, back in the dark ages when I played. RIP, Bubba.

13. john says:

you dont die of natural causes at age 66

14. ipad 3 says:

I do trust all of the concepts you’ve offered on your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for novices. May you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

15. hash press says:

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing for your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

16. physics terms says:

Great goods from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff previous to and you are simply too wonderful. I really like what you’ve obtained right here, certainly like what you’re saying and the best way through which you assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it wise. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great web site.

17. quantum mechanics says:

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. sick indubitably come further in the past once more as precisely the similar nearly very incessantly inside of case you protect this hike.

18. trimming machines says:

I am now not sure where you’re getting your information, however great topic. I must spend some time learning much more or working out more. Thanks for magnificent information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.