Attacker Who Shot Dog With Crossbow Sought In Riverside

RIVERSIDE (CBS/AP) — A dog that was badly wounded by a crossbow bolt in California has been euthanized and authorities are looking for his attacker.

The 6-month-old German shepherd was found Wednesday at La Sierra University in Riverside. He was bleeding from the nose and had trouble breathing.

John Welsh of Riverside County Animal Services says the crossbow bolt injured the dog’s spine and punctured his lung. Authorities were unable to save the dog and had to put him down.

crossbow Attacker Who Shot Dog With Crossbow Sought In Riverside

(credit: Riverside Co. Animal Services)

The dog, whose owner hasn’t been located, wasn’t microchipped and wasn’t wearing a collar.

A $500 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the attacker.

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. David Inpyo Lee says:

Whoever did this deserves to be tortured to death, then rot in hell. I cannot believe the evil some humans are capable of.

2. Jackie says:

$500? No one will come forward with information when the reward is so low. This poor puppy. The person(s) who did this is an obvious psychopath.

3. Big H says:

This person is a good as caught. that is if they try to find him. All archery and hunting supplies are easliy traced, especially from a cross bow. That will hopefully bring this loser to justice !!!!!

1. bugman says:

thank you,one inside of his head works for me!!!!!

4. adopt from the pound says:

this is so sad & sick. Can you imagine the sick bast*ard that did this to a dog & especially a puppy. It made me tear up. Some people are so unbelieveably cruel. Can you believe this a**hole is walking the street? They say that people who kill animals are violently crazy, I agree. Rest in peace poor pup.

5. Matt Boeve says:

This makes me so sick. Almost sorry I read it.I say that when they find this person.they get what the poor dog got.heck I will even do it.

6. Bounty the Dog Hunter says:

It’s a dog, who cares. Kids are dying everyday from starvation and disease yet all you morons are crying over a stupid dog. I hope they use the meat for soup.

1. bugman says:

I take it you do not or have had a dog,to say that,maybe it was an ignorant person looking for dinner. Asians eat dog and maybe he didn’t catch it, or some idiot is killing my friends

7. HollywoodSaint says:

it benigns me how much more people are sympathetic to canines than to humans….I will keep with the felines….maybe it was Wil.E.Coyote looking for lunch

1. L. says:

Most humans are hideous creatures. I say spay and neuter parents that can’t afford children.

8. Snarkwoofhund says:

I hope an asteroid blazes into our atmosphere and hits Riverside squarely in the middle of town.

9. ThorsMagni says:

What comes around goes around. I pray they catch this kid or person, before they hurt a child or an elderly.

10. MichaelEdits says:

I knew there would be some really lovely comments on this.

11. dripable says:

Might be your greatest post I have read!