Tow Truck Crashes Into Restaurant, 6 Injured

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A tow truck crashed into a Yoshinoya restaurant in the Wilshire Center area Thursday morning.

The tow truck, which was carrying a pickup truck on its bed, crashed into the front of the eatery, 4217 W. Beverly Blvd., around 10:40 a.m., officials with the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

Officials say six people were injured, one critically. Paramedics transported five of the six injured people to an area hospital.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Comments

1. c-man says:

I wonder how many resources the LAFD dispatched. Let’s see….my guess? 3 trucks, 5 engines, 4 ALS ambulances, 7 BLS ambulances, 1 division chief, 4 battalion chiefs, and 3 EMS captains. That sounds about right

2. Johny Chingas says:

What you mean that you don’t know the cause of the accident?
    Everyone knows the cause of this accident was speeding..
    These $@#$$%^ tow truck drivers drive CRAZY all the times, even when they are loaded with a 3 or 10-tons trucks.
    The drive crazy, they don’t respect the traffic signal, they NEVER make a complete STOP, on the freeway, the drive over 75 MPH, even the law requires them to drive 55MPH when they are towing.
    Great! I hope this #$%^& driver learns the lesson after this accident.

3. Idiot says:

I’m going to get a beef bowl for dinner.

4. casejoker says:

Drive thru?

5. dubBigman says:

The tow truck driver probably had some health problem that caused him to crash into Yoshinoya. I live around Melrose area and I drive through Beverly Blvd. & Normandie often and this intersection is a wide spaced area. So I don’t see how anything other than a health problem of the driver caused this accident. Probably health problem or something.

1. Johny Chingas says:

OK Mr. dubBigman… You gotta be one of these truck drivers since you are defending these reckless drivers.. Good for you!!!!

6. Marty says:

Let me guess, No English, No Drivers License, No Insurance, Etc…

1. Johny Chingas says:

Marty.. Let me Guess…
      Your are an IGNORANT..
      You failed Social Studies.
      You are G@y..
      and Of course.. you are a total loser…
      A+ for me since I was right….

1. Marty says:

Hey Johny,
        Go get yourself a 40oz cold one and pretend you have a life.

2. Johny Chingas says:

Corona Por Favor!!! LOL!!!

3. Izabela Karmen says:

hey marty letme guezz u ignorent

1. Izabela Karmen says:

ignorant

4. Izabela Karmen says:

marty trash

7. CONCERNED says:

ALL TOW TRUCK DRIVERSR DRIVERS DRIVE RECKLESSLY. I HAD ONE TOW TRUCK DRIVER TELL ME ONCE TIME THATS THE WAY THEY GET PEOPLE OUT OF THIER WAY! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

8. Stevve says:

I can’t believe they didn’t report on the most important detail. Was the vehicle being transported damaged???