Defeat The Heat At Big Bear Mountain Resorts
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — As the summer temperatures start to soar, head to Big Bear Mountain Resorts for family fun! Chris Riddle stopped by KCAL9 Monday to talk about all the activities available for the summer.
Big Bear Mountain Resorts (BBMR) includes Snow Summit and Bear Mountain and is Southern California’s premier outdoor headquarters. Outdoor enthusiasts can head up to the mountain for golfing, sight seeing, hiking and biking.
• Bear Mountain Golf Course is a 9-hole course in a perfect mountain setting.
- Located at the base of Bear Mountain, the course’s serene atmosphere welcomes players of all skill levels.
- The Pro Shop, Driving Range, and Club House Grill are open seven days a week; now through early November.
- For golf reservations, tee times and golf season passes, call 909-585-8002.
• Snow Summit’s Scenic Sky Chair brings riders directly to the top of the mountain.
- Guests of all ages are invited to take in the views and natural beauty of the Big Bear Lake region.
- It takes about 15 minutes to transport guests from the base elevation of 7,000 feet to a summit elevation of 8,200 feet.
- Once at the top, guests can ride bikes, hike around the mountaintop, enjoy a bite to eat at the View Haus BBQ or take it easy and ride the sky chair back to the bottom.
Child (ages 7-12) – Round-trip- $6. One way- $5. One way with bike- $6. All day pass with bike access- $15.
Adult (12 & up)- Round-trip- $12. One way- $8. One way with bike- $12. $25 all day pass with bike access.
Guest with a 2011-12 Dual Mountain Winter Season Pass ride the Sky Chair FREE.
• There is an expansive network of trails and roads, most of which are fantastic for cross-country biking and hiking.
- The Scenic Sky Chair provides easy access to alternative routes down the mountain.
- There are trails for all skill levels:
For novice bike riders, the Bristlecone Trail and Towne Trail offer gentle, rolling terrain at the base of the mountain that is a perfect introduction to mountain biking.
Intermediate riders will find terrain that is slightly more challenging from the top of the Scenic Sky Chair including Skyline Drive, which rolls across the top of the ridge with great views of Big Bear Lake.
• Upcoming Events
- 8th annual Hot Dawgz and Hand Rails- Sept. 24
Pro snowboarders will battle it out in a unique competition format under So Cal’s summer skies for thousands of dollars in cash prizes.
The event will take place on a manufactured 110-ton snow setup at the base of Bear Mountain.
Guests will also find: DJ spinning tunes, a giant vendor booth city with product giveaways, and the Beach Bar will be fired up for tasty food fare.
For more information, visit Big Bear Mountain Resorts.