‘Pavement Disruptions’, Flooding Hit Multiple San Fernando Valley Intersections
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Street flooding and “pavement disruptions” were reported on Monday near at a half-dozen locations in the San Fernando Valley, according to officials.
Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said firefighters were sent to the following areas:
- Northridge, at 11:17 a.m., Lassen Street at Woodley Avenue;
- two locations in Sherman Oaks: Ethel Avenue at Ventura Boulevard at 11:19 a.m., and a, Nagle Avenue at Kling Street at 11:42 a.m.;
- North Hollywood at 11:43 a.m., Vantage Avenue at Saticoy Street
- Van Nuys at 1:34 p.m., at Oxnard Street and Kester Avenue;
- Northridge at 1:50 p.m. at Chase Street and Vanalden Avenue.
The cause of the flooding was not immediately clear.
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power was notified, and traffic was being routed around the affected areas, Humphrey said.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)